How to learn Electric Guitar the way that Iron Maiden plays?

Hello there,
So I'm just confused about how can I learn Electric Guitar the way that I would be able to be a Guitar Master like Adrian, Dave, and Janic....
I'm now studying Troy Stetina Rhythm Guitar vol.1 but I found it not suitable for me because it's all about playing some Repetitive and ridiculous TABS ... So I don't learn anything about Notes, Music Theory or another things ... It's just TAB. Note that I have learned some theory before but I think it's not completed.

So the Question is : Which Path should I take?? Another Method or something else?
Any help would be much Appreciated  :) .
Thanks a lot.

You should get this one, published by The Holy Church of Adrian Smith:

Play Like Me or Suck by Adrian Smith himself.

When people read the book (without practicing guitar), Adrian Smith selects if one is worthy or not.

You're wrong, it's called Try To Play Like Me or Suck. No one can play like Adrian Smith does ;)

A serious answer to the OP:

The only way to get as good as Dave, H or Janick is: play guitar for many years, just like they did. Practice for thousands of hours, just like they did. There's no shortcut. There's no book that will say: "do this, now that, now the other - bang, you sound like Dave Murray!" (And if you find a book that does say so, the book is lying.)

If you're asking how to get better as a guitarist: play. Practice. Study. Take lessons. Most important: join a band. Having to keep up with other players will make you better.

Finally, it's about time you actually did some of this. You've been posting here for a year or so, asking these same questions ... never participating in discussions, not replying when people try to help you, but still with the nerve to bitch if we ignore you. Why do we ignore you? Because whenever we try to help, there's no indication you listen. You don't reply, you just ask the same question again some months later. I have personally tried to help you with serious answers several times, but you post like you never read them.

Try to remember this: there is no formula to great playing. Everyone who gets there does it by a different path. You must find your own. Based on what I've seen you post, you probably need guitar lessons. Start there.

Or get a learn to play book. That's what I did.

SinisterMinisterX said:
A serious answer to the OP:

The only way to get as good as Dave, H or Janick is: play guitar for many years, just like they did. Practice for thousands of hours, just like they did. There's no shortcut. There's no book that will say: "do this, now that, now the other - bang, you sound like Dave Murray!" (And if you find a book that does say so, the book is lying.)

If you're asking how to get better as a guitarist: play. Practice. Study. Take lessons. Most important: join a band. Having to keep up with other players will make you better.

Finally, it's about time you actually did some of this. You've been posting here for a year or so, asking these same questions ... never participating in discussions, not replying when people try to help you, but still with the nerve to bitch if we ignore you. Why do we ignore you? Because whenever we try to help, there's no indication you listen. You don't reply, you just ask the same question again some months later. I have personally tried to help you with serious answers several times, but you post like you never read them.

Try to remember this: there is no formula to great playing. Everyone who gets there does it by a different path. You must find your own. Based on what I've seen you post, you probably need guitar lessons. Start there.
Thanks for your serious and kind replies. I always listen and read your replies.
But it would be helpful if you tell that how did you learn?

There is indeed no guidebook which will lead you to such a goal, because Smith, Murray and Gers have an own sound and style.

It's not just a matter of doing 1000 steps (quantity). The steps will make you better but a 100% guarantee that it will end up the way you wished? That's not possible.

And talent shouldn't be ignored either I'm afraid. Some people can do or learn things better than others.

RealMaidenFan said:
Thanks for your serious and kind replies. I always listen and read your replies.
But it would be helpful if you tell that how did you learn?

SinisterMinisterX said:
If you're asking how to get better as a guitarist: play. Practice. Study. Take lessons. Most important: join a band.

I agree all your replies and Thanks , but I need a good source to answer my Theory Questions.
For example what does "Full with an arrow above the Tab" mean?like this in "Age of Innocence" :
http://tinypic.com/r/2vijp6e/7

I would guess that it means bending the string up one whole tone. In this case that would mean bending the B string up to an E, basically playing the same note on both the indicated strings.

my numbr one tip for you would be to learn maiden songs (if you can only play the simple meoldies at the moment start there but play them with vibrato and feeling and use all your fingers) once you have learnt an entire song try playing along with it many times. By learning a few maiden songs before you start learning theory it will give you an idea how things work before you realise why things work.

the key is to practice. you don't learn the guitar, you experience it

Babo 91 said:
my numbr one tip for you would be to learn maiden songs (if you can only play the simple meoldies at the moment start there but play them with vibrato and feeling and use all your fingers) once you have learnt an entire song try playing along with it many times. By learning a few maiden songs before you start learning theory it will give you an idea how things work before you realise why things work.

the key is to practice. you don't learn the guitar, you experience it
I know few things about theory, but which song do you think is easy and suitable for the first time? and I don't know how to count the numbers to get into the rhythm (for example is it 1,2,3,4 or 1,&,2,&3,&,4,&) and another question is should I learn that song by Tab or Notes?

Eddies Wingman said:
I would guess that it means bending the string up one whole tone. In this case that would mean bending the B string up to an E, basically playing the same note on both the indicated strings.
But I don't know anything about the Bend technique, any suggestion would be helpful.
Thanks.
CrystalLeo said:
No idea about that...From where you learnt guitar?
I'm learning Rhythm Guitar by Troy Stetina vol1.

A very good song to start of with is blood brothers, its riffs and melodies are very easy and all based around the e minor scale and the tempo is quite slow as well. Learning janicks solo would be a good way to learn your minor scale and practice bends. the tricky part of the song is smoothly going from one part to another and memorising all the parts.

You cant count 1 2 3 4 or 1 and 2 and 3 and 4, most people will find the second way will help them keep rythym better. If the tempo is very fast you will have to count the other way.

Some more advice is to occasionally play other genres of music as it exposes you to different tempos, ryhtyms, fingering paterns, modes and keys. It will also help you create your sound. Dave murray started playing blues which is why his soloing style sounds like hendrix on speed ( coming home solo 1 is a great example )

Try learning a few country songs, maybe some easy johny cash songs would be a good idea.

You do not need to learn how to read sheet music but learning to read tablature is easy and will help you learn songs.

Back