Helloween & Gamma Ray

Gambling has a perfect production. On the other hand, last two have a shitty production, even though I like 7 Sinners. Straight Out Of Hell sucks in every possible way.

Blasphemy, Night Prowler. Straight Out of Hell is a really, really strong album. It's some of the best stuff they've done in awhile, along with being one of the most cohesive albums they've ever done. They're on a roll IMO. Of course i realize everyone has different oppinions, but it's an amazing album and vary close to the top in terms of greatness.

Asshole isn't a bad song. In fact I like the song. But the chorus could use some improvement. And I'll admit the one soft balled on it, written by Sascha, is not very good. But other then those and maybe Live Now! I really love it, that's my opinion, but what I see as being a fact is that it's one of their strongest albums to date.

I'll admit that I'm so prejudiced about Helloween that I won't recognise that song as good even if it objectively is. I'm playing old coot here.

I like when Gerstner does those solos like in Invisible Man, where everything breaks down and it's just him playing a glorious solo. Does it in Church Breaks Down, which i find to be an otherwise bland song. He writes a lot of mid-tempo songs, but Grapow was a lot better at that then him. (Controversial opinion: Escalation 666 is one of their best songs. Did they ever play it live?). ;)

I like when Gerstner does those solos like in Invisible Man, where everything breaks down and it's just him playing a glorious solo. Does it in Church Breaks Down, which i find to be an otherwise bland song. He writes a lot of mid-tempo songs, but Grapow was a lot better at that then him. (Controversial opinion: Escalation 666 is one of their best songs. Did they ever play it live?). ;)

Escalation 666 is EASILY the worst song from The Dark Ride. It's not even close.

Back