1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Helloween & Gamma Ray topic

Discussion in 'Music Discussion' started by Forostar, Sep 12, 2008.

1. Night Prowler

Night Prowler ɹǝlʍoɹԀ ʇɥƃᴉN Staff Member

2. NotePad

NotePad Nomad

Based on samples, it sounds like Kai continues to blatantly rip off other artists. Sometimes it's just so obvious with him.

3. Night Prowler

Forostar likes this.
  4. Forostar

Forostar Conjure the Death Star again

Hope they hit my country!

5. Night Prowler

Kiske and Weikath on the same stage would be a power metal version of Axl and Slash reuniting :)

6. Black Wizard

Black Wizard Out of the Silent Planet

That would be pretty cool.

7. Night Prowler

terrell39, Forostar and Black Bart like this.
  8. Forostar

Man... 3 hours. This is more interesting than anything else going on in metal. Apart from a possible Bruce album.

I don't like the omission of Ingo in (the light of) that bragging text ("... resurrect the band’s legendary original line-up. Yes, it’s official: Weikath, Kiske, Hansen, Grosskopf ... " & "... The time has come!« The chemistry between Kiske, Hansen, Weikath, and Grosskopf is singular – and sees its revival not least because of you: You’ve never stopped asking for it – now the mega event is coming up live, with the complete cast ... "). Yes, he is dead, but at least he could be mentioned, paid tribute to at least.

Last edited: Nov 14, 2016
  9. frus

frus Barbed Wire Hen

He's mentioned in the video

10. Forostar

Nicely put!

Cheers! Glad to know. Hadn't viewed it yet.

Last edited: Nov 14, 2016
  11. Black Wizard

Black Wizard Out of the Silent Planet

Argh. I want to see tour dates.

Forostar and terrell39 like this.
  12. Travis The Dragon

Travis The Dragon My Maiden show was a SUPER EMOTIONAL EXPERIENCE!

OMG! Another super amazing reunion! WOW! Hopefully they stay together and we get a new studio album out of this.

13. Night Prowler

Yeah, Kiske's still got it. This is gonna be awesome.

They should open the reunion shows with Halloween :shred:

14. Forostar

I wonder if they'll split their set in "current line-up" and "old line-up with current drummer" and "everyone present".

Alternative scenario: let's imagine they'd only focus on eighties material. So if we get 3 hours of

Helloween
    Judas
    Ride the Sky
    Keepers 1
    Keepers 2

.. they'd need to play everything and they'd still have 15 minutes or so left (for a break).

rhinohorn likes this.
  15. JudasMyGuide

JudasMyGuide A beggar, a hypocrite, Love reign o'er me

I certainly approve of the 3 hours of Judas. :D

(in the words of the immortal Phil Collins): ...But Seriously, such an "early days" setlist would be awesome, like it or not.

Forostar likes this.
  16. Night Prowler

They will surely (needlessly) extend some songs for singalongs. When I saw them they did it with Future World and I Want Out (<_<).

rhinohorn likes this.
  17. Forostar

They could also add Savage and/or Don't Run for Cover (didn't count Keeper bonus tracks)!

Seriously, the idea of having only (or many of) these eighties songs is very, very exciting. Yes, there are a couple of stinkers (or lesser good ones), like Reptile, Guardians, Gorgar, Rise and Fall and Living Ain't No Crime, but they are so much compensated by the awesomeness of the majority of the material. I wonder how they'd divide the material over the singers. I can't imagine all three vocalists doing all songs together, sharing the lines.

rhinohorn likes this.
  18. Night Prowler

They won't play just the old songs since Deris will sing too. It's probably gonna be 50/50.

19. Dityn DJ James

Dityn DJ James A coma stole my name.

Rise and Fall pls

20. Night Prowler