Helloween & Gamma Ray

Based on samples, it sounds like Kai continues to blatantly rip off other artists. Sometimes it's just so obvious with him.

Man... 3 hours. This is more interesting than anything else going on in metal. Apart from a possible Bruce album.

I don't like the omission of Ingo in (the light of) that bragging text ("... resurrect the band’s legendary original line-up. Yes, it’s official: Weikath, Kiske, Hansen, Grosskopf ... " & "... The time has come!« The chemistry between Kiske, Hansen, Weikath, and Grosskopf is singular – and sees its revival not least because of you: You’ve never stopped asking for it – now the mega event is coming up live, with the complete cast ... "). Yes, he is dead, but at least he could be mentioned, paid tribute to at least.

Last edited:

Yeah, Kiske's still got it. This is gonna be awesome.

They should open the reunion shows with Halloween :shred:

I wonder if they'll split their set in "current line-up" and "old line-up with current drummer" and "everyone present".

Alternative scenario: let's imagine they'd only focus on eighties material. So if we get 3 hours of

Helloween
Judas
Ride the Sky
Keepers 1
Keepers 2

.. they'd need to play everything and they'd still have 15 minutes or so left (for a break).

I certainly approve of the 3 hours of Judas. :D

(in the words of the immortal Phil Collins): ...But Seriously, such an "early days" setlist would be awesome, like it or not.

They could also add Savage and/or Don't Run for Cover (didn't count Keeper bonus tracks)!

Seriously, the idea of having only (or many of) these eighties songs is very, very exciting. Yes, there are a couple of stinkers (or lesser good ones), like Reptile, Guardians, Gorgar, Rise and Fall and Living Ain't No Crime, but they are so much compensated by the awesomeness of the majority of the material. I wonder how they'd divide the material over the singers. I can't imagine all three vocalists doing all songs together, sharing the lines.

Back