Hear N Aid

Eclipse

Invader
now i no this is like 20 years old but has anyone ever heard the song We're Stars for Hear N Aid?.

Hear 'n Aid was a joint effort from the heavy metal scene of the 80s to raise money for famine relief in Africa. When attending a 48 hour charity "Radiothon" at the radio station KLOS, Jimmy Bain (of Rainbow and Dio) and Vivian Campbell (at that time still in Dio, later to play in Whitesnake and Def Leppard) noticed that the representation of heavy metal stars was scarce. In the light of the success of Band Aid's "Do They Know It's Christmas?" and USA for Africa's "We Are The World", they forwarded the idea to Ronnie James Dio, also attending the Radiothon, and they decided to make a similar project exclusively built on artists from the heavy metal scene. Together the three cowrote the song Stars.
On May 20 & 21, 1985, 40 artists gathered at the A&M Records Studio in Hollywood, California to record the Stars album. The project included members of such bands as Dio, Quiet Riot, Iron Maiden, Mötley Crüe, Twisted Sister, Queensrÿche, Blue Öyster Cult, Dokken, Night Ranger, Judas Priest, W.A.S.P., Journey, Y&T, Vanilla Fudge, and the parody band Spinal Tap.

Vocals

* Eric Bloom (Blue Öyster Cult)
    * Ronnie James Dio (Dio)
    * Don Dokken (Dokken)
    * Kevin DuBrow (Quiet Riot)
    * Rob Halford (Judas Priest)
    * Dave Meniketti (Y&T)
    * Paul Shortino (Rough Cutt / Quiet Riot / etc.)
    * Geoff Tate (Queensrÿche)

Guitar

* Vivian Campbell
    * Carlos Cavazo
    * Brad Gillis
    * Craig Goldy
    * George Lynch
    * Yngwie Malmsteen
    * Eddie Ojeda
    * Donald "Buck Dharma" Roeser
    * Neal Schon

Guitar Melody Lines

* Dave Murray
    * Adrian Smith

Bass

* Jimmy Bain

Drums

* Vinny Appice
    * Frankie Banali

Keyboards

* Claude Schnell

This Just Fascinated me as it is such a good song too, also i searched the forum for it just incase i repated someone so.... :)

It was a good song? I don't remember, then again I was in diapers and neither I love the 80s or the 40 most metal moments did it justice :p

I have it on vinyl. Great song, vocalists and of course GUITAR SOLOS ! :)
I think more musicians are credited, my record sleeve is full of them.

yeh these by any chance?
Backing Vocals

* Tommy Aldridge
    * David Alford
    * Carmine Appice
    * Vinny Appice
    * Jimmy Bain
    * Frankie Banali
    * Mick Brown
    * Vivian Campbell
    * Carlos Cavazo
    * Amir Derakh
    * Brad Gillis
    * Craig Goldy
    * Chris Hager
    * Chris Holmes
    * Blackie Lawless
    * George Lynch
    * Yngwie Malmsteen
    * Mick Mars
    * Dave Murray
    * Vince Neil
    * Ted Nugent
    * Eddie Ojeda
    * Jeff Pilson
    * Donald "Buck Dharma" Roeser
    * David St. Hubbins
    * Rudy Sarzo
    * Claude Schnell
    * Neal Schon
    * Derek Smalls
    * Adrian Smith
    * Mark Stein
    * Matt Thorr

:)

pretty good song...very dio...not that great, i mean, considering the guest list...

It´s a pleasure to see such great singers and guitar players recording the same song. Altough I wonder why Bruce wasn´t there...  :S

Back