Harris in the French magazine Rock & Folk (issue 469)

JackKnife

A Vivid example of masculine pulchritude
Steve Harris in the French rock magazine Rock & Folk (issue 469 September 2006) for a tiny interview. The journal is a mainstream media and the talk is shallow.
Two things are somewhat funny.
First Steve tells a story that took place in a restaurant in Paris where he had dinner with his « mate » Nikky Sixx. They were discussing quietly when a Motley fan (a girl) appeared. Suddenly, Sixx changed his way of talking and behaved like a stupid bastard. He stopped as soon as the girl was gone. When Steve asked why Sixx was acting that way he was answered that Sixx had to act like that because it matched the idea the audience had of him and his band. Steve concludes that it's a stupid and dangerous attitude.
Steve talks about his daughter Lauren and explains he drove her group's tour bus this summer in Europe (She played several festivals). He said it was good fun and it recalled him the early days of Maiden. However he ends the interview by underlining the fact that this summer « tour » did not make him feel very young...... :D

Buy this magazine if you like this article!  -_-

OMG  :eek: This shitty mag doing  a metal interview, times are changing !!!! The last one was probably for FOTD

juju said:
OMG  :eek: This shitty mag doing  a metal interview, times are changing !!!! The last one was probably for FOTD

That's probably the most funny thing in that interview as they don't give a shit of metal. I think they wrote an article about Metal once and once only and it was for Metallica in 1993 !!!

syl said:
That's probably the most funny thing in that interview as they don't give a shit of metal. I think they wrote an article about Metal once and once only and it was for Metallica in 1993 !!!
I don't like this journal very much but I'm buying it from time to time because (it's perhaps a surprise for you Juju and Syl) but they do publish metal-related papers. Last year they made their cover with Motörhead (God bless Lemmy) and their papers with that band are generally good. The present interview is very shallow, it's true. They usually publish interesting stuff about Robert Plant as well and it's enough for me you know... :innocent:

Oh well, if they write articles about Robert Plant, then there's probably nothing to add.

However, I took a subscription to Rock & Folk between 1990 and 1994 and I couldn't stand how they made really harsh critics on bands like Pearl Jam, Hole or the Black Crowes for years and then, suddenly, for some unknown reasons, the next month they were all among the best bands and one should own their complete discography.

syl said:
Oh well, if they write articles about Robert Plant, then there's probably nothing to add.
I wouldn't have been more eloquent... :rolleyes:
syl said:
However, I took a subscription to Rock & Folk between 1990 and 1994 and I couldn't stand how they made really harsh critics on bands like Pearl Jam, Hole or the Black Crowes for years and then, suddenly, for some unknown reasons, the next month they were all among the best bands and one should own their complete discography.
Really? I didn't notice that but I must say that I don't have all the issues, I'm only buying the ones that contain papers about my favorite bands. These do not include Pearl Jam or Hole.

Back