Guess The Iron Maiden Song!

The Man Who Would Be King

(Bro wrote all the incorrect songs in alphabetical order as if saying "c'mon guys, just 160 more songs to guess" :D)

Clue 1: The hands that threaten doom.
Clue 2: In the guise of a beggar, Minerva guides my way.
Clue 3: Jesus freaks out in the street, handing tickets out for God.
Clue 4: Thought I heard her callin’ my name now.

Wrong: 2 Minutes to Midnight • Alexander the Great • Brighter Than a Thousand Suns • Can I Play With Madness • For the Greater Good of God • Ghost of the Navigator • Holy Smoke • Lord of Light • Mother of Mercy • Starblind • Sun and Steel • The Edge of Darkness • The Man Who Would Be King

Clue 5: Not dead, which eternal lie.

Wrong: 2 Minutes to Midnight • Alexander the Great • Brighter Than a Thousand Suns • Can I Play With Madness • Dance of Death • For the Greater Good of God • Ghost of the Navigator • Holy Smoke • Juanita • Lord of Light • Moonchild • Mother of Mercy • Starblind • Sun and Steel • The Edge of Darkness • The Man Who Would Be King

Clue 5: Not dead, which eternal lie.
Clue 6: A prayer from the dying?

Wrong: 2 Minutes to Midnight • Alexander the Great • Brighter Than a Thousand Suns • Can I Play With Madness • Dance of Death • For the Greater Good of God • Ghost of the Navigator • Holy Smoke • Hooks in You • Juanita • Lord of Light • Moonchild • Mother of Mercy • Murders in the Rue Morgue • Starblind • Sun and Steel • The Assassin • The Edge of Darkness • The Man Who Would Be King • The Prophecy

OK folks, here’s how it goes. Every clue is some oblique reference to the next lyric of a song that’s not the mystery song, and someone’s going to figure out the target song within the first 8-10 clues, but it won’t actually get anyone any closer to the real answer. And instead of using the successive clues to progressively funnel people closer to the correct answer and wrap things up in a reasonable span of time, FossilFuel121 will just keep monomaniacally sticking to the same program, pumping out equally unhelpful and now completely predictable clues until someone makes a list of all the Maiden songs that haven’t been guessed yet, and eventually someone will randomly hit on the correct answer without any idea why it’s correct, probably somewhere in the clue #30-40 range, and the environmentally insensitive train engine will pat himself on the back for a job supposedly well done. We’ve all seen this one before, and it’s not entertaining. Just sayin’.

OK folks, here’s how it goes. Every clue is some oblique reference to the next lyric of a song that’s not the mystery song, and someone’s going to figure out the target song within the first 8-10 clues, but it won’t actually get anyone any closer to the real answer. And instead of using the successive clues to progressively funnel people closer to the correct answer and wrap things up in a reasonable span of time, FossilFuel121 will just keep monomaniacally sticking to the same program, pumping out equally unhelpful and now completely predictable clues until someone makes a list of all the Maiden songs that haven’t been guessed yet, and eventually someone will randomly hit on the correct answer without any idea why it’s correct, probably somewhere in the clue #30-40 range, and the environmentally insensitive train engine will pat himself on the back for a job supposedly well done. We’ve all seen this one before, and it’s not entertaining. Just sayin’.
Each clue is a reference to a line in the mystery song. Clue 1 hints at line 1, clue 2 hints at line 2, clue 3 hints at line 3, clue 4 hints at line 4, clue 5 hints at lines 5&6, clue 6 hints at line 7. Sorry if that's too hard for you.

Hallowed Be Thy Name
Nope.

Back