Guess the cryptic song

“Light Comes Out Of Black” by Pantera and Rob Halford.

The artist still isn’t Rob Halford, because it’s Pantera and Rob Halford.
CORRECT!

It's actually Rob Halford (feat. Pantera). Even released as a single with the name "Rob Halford" on it.

Originally released in 1992 as a soundtrack for the movie, Buffy The Vampire Slayer.

Why "sad" reaction bro @Jer ?
Rob wrote the lyrics and melody, but the song is performed by Pantera, including some vocals from Phil Anselmo, with Halford just singing lead on most of it. Yes, technically there was a single that just credited Halford, but if you look up the song these days it’s usually credited as “Pantera ft. Rob Halford”, which is technically more accurate. Even Rob describes it as “Pantera with me on lead vocals, and Phil obviously doing the outro sections. But it’s a Pantera song really.”

So calling it a Rob Halford track seems misleading, even though you can technically make a case for it based on the soundtrack single credits.

Technically it IS a Rob Halford song with Pantera as the backing band (and also Phil on backing vocals).

45675.jpg

The CD release on Metal-archives (though it is credited as "PANTERA / ROB HALFORD" on it)

(artist name "Rob Halford" on Spotify)

Credit on the soundtrack
images.jpeg

Now you may credit it as "Rob Halford feat. Pantera" or "Pantera feat. Rob Halford" which is still not wrong but calling it a Rob Halford song is not at all misleading.

Also, the quote from the website doesn't appear as a formal statement but more as an appreciation by Rob as how Pantera pretty much turned it into their own song. I hope you are getting me.

Last edited:
No to all.

“Dirty Harry x 3, By Way Of A Michigan Church?”

Clue #1
(Country Of Origin): United States
Clue #2
(Genre):
Clue #3 (Artist):
Clue #4 (Year Of Release):

Incorrect guesses:
Bruce Dickinson - Resurrection Men
Anthrax - I Am The Law
Axel Rudi Pell - The Temple Of The Holy

No to all.

“Dirty Harry x 3, By Way Of A Michigan Church?”

Clue #1
(Country Of Origin): United States
Clue #2
(Genre): Pop
Clue #3
(Artist):
Clue #4 (Year Of Release):

Incorrect guesses:
Bruce Dickinson - Resurrection Men
Anthrax - I Am The Law
Axel Rudi Pell - The Temple Of The Holy
Dio - Holy Diver
Die, Die, Die My Darling - Misfits
Three Little Pigs - Green Jelly

Like A Prayer - Madonna ?
Ding, ding, ding — 3 points for the lady!

Context (NSFW):
  • The final Dirty Harry film was called The Dead Pool.
  • The upcoming movie Deadpool & Wolverine is the third Deadpool movie (“Dirty Harry x 3”).
  • Michiganians are often called “Wolverines”, dating back to an insult thrown at them by Ohioans during The Toledo War of 1835.
  • People often pray in a church.
  • The trailer for Deadpool & Wolverine uses Madonna’s “Like A Prayer” as its theme song.
Your turn!

Back