Guess the cryptic song

No to all.

"Grease The Wheels, But No Rush!"
Clue #1 (Country Of Origin): England
Clue #2 (Genre): Disco / Pop / Soft Rock

Incorrect guesses: Driven, From Here To Eternity, The Beatings Will Continue (Until Morale Improves), I'm In Love With My Car, Wheels Of Steel, Drive My Car

No to all.

Clue #1 (Country Of Origin): England
Clue #2 (Genre): Disco / Pop / Soft Rock
Clue #3 (Artist): Olivia Newton-John

Incorrect guesses: Driven, From Here To Eternity, The Beatings Will Continue (Until Morale Improves), I'm In Love With My Car, Wheels Of Steel, Drive My Car, Car Wash, Well Oiled And Slow, Red Rain

1701121902605-png.31980
If this is a guess you have to type the name of the song!

You're the One That I Want
Nope.

Judas Priest with "Turbo Lover" ?
Um…clue #3? :facepalm:

@Jer According to the rules the author ( in this case you) reveals the songtitle after 3 wrong guesses if all 3 clues are given.

Sandy

@Jer According to the rules the author ( in this case you) reveals the songtitle after 3 wrong guesses if all 3 clues are given.
OK then.

No to all, the correct answer was “Xanadu”.

• “Grease” was a reference to Olivia Newton-John’s most famous movie role in Grease, to point you in the direction of both her and the notion of a musical.
  • “Wheels” refers to her character from Xanadu often being on roller skates.
  • “But No Rush” was an indication that the song title was the same as a Rush song title, but not the song by that band.
Not sure who goes next now.

I’d suggest that if no one gets it after clue #3 we post the year of release as clue #4 and let people guess as much as they want until someone wins (you can only post one guess at a time, but after clue #4 you can post another guess as long as you aren’t still the last person who posted a guess). If we do it that way I’d suggest changing the scoring to this:
  • After the phrase: 6 (still 3x the clue #3 value)
  • After clue #1: 4
  • After clue #2: 3
  • After clue #3: 2
  • After clue #4: 1
This would keep skin in the game and make earlier guesses more valuable.

Back