Ghost

It's quite ironic to see this kind of controversy around a band which relied on mystery and theatrics. Awkward. :p

Super awkward.
Reports of recent shows, though, are good... and Papa doesn't seem to be skipping a beat.
Would love to hear his side of the story.

Listening to the songs that Ghost have been playing while opening for Maiden, and I have to say: I love the music and I love the songwriting. The vocals, however, are way too weak and thin for the material.

Listening to the songs that Ghost have been playing while opening for Maiden, and I have to say: I love the music and I love the songwriting. The vocals, however, are way too weak and thin for the material.

I also was not familiar with their material. Started listening to them after they were announced as opening for Maiden. Really love them. Every song sounds different. There is an eerie quality to the material. Sometimes sounds very retro. The lyrics were shocking at first but I get now :devil:

As for the vocals...depends which song. Their heavier songs I agree with you could use a stronger singer, but a song like Monstrance Clock works perfectly with Papa's style.

Last edited:
In case you are looking for something for that someone special on Valentine's Day

http://shop.ghost-official.com/prod...140247865&mc_cid=6d1a94a31e&mc_eid=09f43889ae
GST_gold_dildo_2048x2048.jpg
Until I clicked the link, I thought this was a Pez dispenser.
:facepalm:

Big, big fan of the Meliora album, plus Square Hammer. Really good stuff.

Yeah, this is not like when Kiss first came around and it was pretty easy to hide who they were/what they looked liked.

In any case, this is easily the best Maiden opener I have seen (or will see tonight) in a very long time

I find their image doesn't match the music whatsoever? Is it supposed to be irony?
When I saw them opening for Maiden, they were dressed up in Halloween costumes and sang a song where the chorus was a list of names for the devil. Don't really see the mismatch. :p

I find each song sounds different. Really enjoyed seeing them for the first time when they opened for Maiden two weeks ago. The longer they played, the more the crowd warmed up to them.

Ghost...NOPE!
Their music is wimpy and they just plain sucketh!
They seem like the love child of Kiss and Marilyn Manson..

Last edited by a moderator:
US tour if any of you are interested, tickets onsale Saturday.

May 05 - Riverside, CA - RMA
May 06 - Tucson, AZ - Tucson Music Hall
May 08 - Houston, TX - Revention
May 10 - Chattanooga, TN - Tivoli
May 11 - Cincinnati, OH - The Taft Theatre
May 12 - Detroit, MI - The Fillmore
May 13 - Columbus, OH - Express Live
May 15 - Port Chester, NY - The Capitol Theatre
May 16 - Syracuse, NY - Crouse Hinds Theater
May 18 - Pittsburgh, PA - Benedum Center
May 19 - Philadelphia, PA - WMMR BBQ
May 20 - Washington, DC - Warner Theatre
May 22 - Asheville, NC - Thomas Wolfe Auditorium
May 23 - Nashville, TN - Tennessee PAC
May 25 - St. Louis, MO - Peabody Opera House
May 26 - Pryor, OK - Rocklahoma
May 27 - Memphis, TN - Cannon Center
May 29 - Ft. Wayne, IN - The Clyde Theater
May 31 - Milwaukee, WI - Riverside Theater
June 01 - St. Paul, MN - The Palace Theater

Those dates are garbage. Syracuse isn't far but it's on a weekday, so I'd have to take at least a day off work to make it. Ugh.

Back