Games forum rules 2012

SinisterMinisterX

Illuminatus
Staff member
OK, seems I've got the games bug again after all, so here we go with a new sticky rules thread for the new forum.

As a reminder: this forum is intended for poll-based games with a definite conclusion (no open-ended games like plus/minus in this forum please).

Since we can no longer reset all poll options, we'll need a new thread for each round. On Sunday nights, I will prune this forum, removing any threads that have not been posted in for a week.

Game-runners may post their rules in this thread and link to it as I did with my old Survivors, if they like. This is not required, if your rules are posted in your thread - but remember I'm deleting threads, so posting and linking here is a better idea.

I will finish the Maiden, Priest and Queen Survivors. Following that, I retire from Survivors; others may run such games if they like. I have a new game that I'll be starting soon.

Rules for Survivors:
If you're new, these games are like the TV show Survivor: vote to eliminate the worst, allowing the best to survive. Always vote for your LEAST favorite songs. On this new forum you have unlimited votes; I encourage everyone to vote for about half of the songs. At the end of a round I'll eliminate the "winners"; when we get down to 10 songs left, I bring in a new group, until we're down to the Top Ten.

Glad you picked up the Maiden and Priest survivors, SMX. Now I only hope we'll have at least as many contributors again as in 2011.

Are you going to just delete the old threads or are you going to move it to say an "Archive" forum sort of thing?

Change of plans: our games forum seems to be running fairly well as long as we only have a few games at a time. I don't think there's a need to delete threads after all, since all current games will be at the top of the first page anyway. I was afraid of our site turning out like DTF, where they have many games at one time and the result is a mess.

So all we need to do is keep the number of games at one time down to a reasonable level. My last 3 survivors will be done soon, and then let's keep it to about 6 active games at a time. Since there's only a few people running games, that means you guys can do 2 or maybe even 3 games at a time (after mine are done).

Glad you picked up the Maiden and Priest survivors, SMX. Now I only hope we'll have at least as many contributors again as in 2011.

Looks like number of voters is cut about in half across all games, but we've been less busy overall too. As usual, action should pick up when the tour starts.

It might be a great idea for someone to start a new Maiden-related game of some kind when the tour starts. Not me - after finishing the current Maiden game, my next game will be non-Maiden.

I'm interested in running some survivors. Maybe Anthrax, but I'd like to hear if people are interested.

This thread could use an update anyway. Once I make that, then this can just be deleted.

Back