Game Of Thrones

I have read the books and I've enjoyed the series thus far (though I have some objections alright) - bar the Dorne subplot, I love the 6th season so far. I think that combining the Jeyne Poole/Arya subplots is quite interesting.

Also...

So, taking the last episode into consideration, I now think R + L = J (+ M?) is more or less confirmed. Anyone agrees/disagrees?

Let's look at it - D&D got the job, because they correctly guesesed Jon's mother, right? Well, who else could it be? Then they put in this scene, which all but confirms it.
But seriously, who else they could have guessed? What are the other possibilities?

Also - I don't remember where I read this - it is said that when a Valyrian blood (that is, the Targaryens, for example) connect with the blood of the First Men, it produces a very strong child, magically speaking - for example, when Aegon IV had a child with Melissa Blackwood, they produced Brynden Rivers, the Bloodraven, who was allegedly a magician, he had the premonition gift and became the Three-Eyed Raven... so, if Rhaegar (a Targaryen) and Lyanna (a Stark, so a descendant of the First Men) got together, that Jon would have some special abilities too, right? RIGHT?

Last edited:
Agreed: I am also not fond of what happened in Dorne.
Areo Hotah, perhaps the deadliest knight walking on Westeros, killed so lamely, what an anti-climax.

Last edited:
Dorne is perhaps the most disappointing adaptation.
The royal family was interesting in the books and none of the characters or their arcs carried.

Just watched the 4th episode from last season, and they are really pumping up the show. Not that anything spectacular happened but from the look of it they've hinted a lot of thing that will/could happen 'till the end of the season.

I've also read the books and must say this is probably the most interesting season, althought some changes from the book don't sit with me well (particulary Dorne). But on the other side, they've skipped a lot of things in the series that were just awfully boring to read...

^First off, awesome name. :cool:

I haven't seen the 4th episode yet, but I completely agree with what you say. This season has been very interesting, and I think the show is doing a very good job in delivering the story without the books to work from.

Still no where close to the quality of the books, (Fuckin Dorne, indeed) but it has greatly exceeded my expectations.

If Ramsay Bolton won't die the most cruel, slow disgusting death of any show of all time, I will be pretty mad

Season 6 has actually been pretty strong so far.
It's been quite good and quite bad.
Some of the storylines have been extremely boring, at least until the latest episode. Arya and Dany's storylines have been extremely boring for a long time, but there was finally some progress in the last episode. Bran's storyline suddenly became by far the most interesting storyline of them all. Fantastic so far this season. Castle Black has been very underwhelming. Should have been much better. It should have been great. The potential was there. However, the north should be interesting to follow for the remainder of this season.

And the reason I started watching Game of Thrones is because someone in this forum pointed out that the lyrics to Shadows of the Valley has a couple of lines which seem like they could be inspired by GOT. The raven, the men of the oath and the call of the wild could be inspired by the three-eyed raven, the night's watch and the wildlings.

Finished Season 1:
- I knew Ned Stark is going to die beforehand (spoilers + walking spoiler Sean Bean), still such injustice although his own morals got him killed tbh. Should've gone straight to Robert when he found about the incest twins. Friggin' Lannisters. Don't even have to say that I can't wait for Joffrey and Cersei to die.
- Sansa is a naive insufferable little brat. Arya the complete opposite.
- I don't really care about Daenerys. Her parts were boring most of the time and Drogo was super annoying. Jorah Mormont is great though.
- Night's Watch is my favorite part of the show so far, can't wait for the adventures beyond the Wall!

Finished Season 1:
- I knew Ned Stark is going to die beforehand (spoilers + walking spoiler Sean Bean), still such injustice although his own morals got him killed tbh. Should've gone straight to Robert when he found about the incest twins. Friggin' Lannisters. Don't even have to say that I can't wait for Joffrey and Cersei to die.
- Sansa is a naive insufferable little brat. Arya the complete opposite.
- I don't really care about Daenerys. Her parts were boring most of the time and Drogo was super annoying. Jorah Mormont is great though.
- Night's Watch is my favorite part of the show so far, can't wait for the adventures beyond the Wall!
How I wish could start all over again knowing nothing.

You are blessed haha

Just in case, I quoted something from the books/series but without giving away too much to Night Prowler. So no offense. ;-)

I know that quote, as I said, tough to avoid spoilers for such a long time when the show is so popular :D But out of context it's not really spoilerific :)

One of the best, and certainly one of the most revealing episodes in the shows history. Turns out the Children of the Forest actually created the WW. So that fan theory turned out to be true.The ending was amazingly executed. Very intense and emotional. It's going to be interesting to see how powerful Bran gets. Also nice to see Sansa finally being tough.

I've never been much of a crier in terms of emotional media and arts, but tonight's episode was the closest I've come to it in a very long time. Just absolutely gut-wrenching that for the majority of his life, Hodor had had his fate sealed, which was his own death. I'm glad he got such a dignified ending though.

Certainly can't complain about the badassery and the agency of the women so far this year.

Back