Future History Tours

Cody Cameron

Godzilla Freak
Hello fellow Maiden Fans! With all the talk and excitement of the upcoming Maiden England Tour, I've been thinking about how the band members have said that they love the idea of playing these history tours to a new generation of fans. With that in mind, I've been thinking about what History Tours they will visit next?

The rumor I'm hearing now is that Maiden plans on doing at least one more new album. Well after that, I'm guessing they'll revisit some tours and tracks and after that do a "Farewell Tour". But until then, what Tours do you all think they will take the time to revisit?

-No Prayer on the Road
-Fear of the Dark Tour
-The X Factour
-Virtual XI World Tour
-Brave New World Tour
-Dance of Death World Tour
-A Matter of Life and Death Tour
-The Final Frontier World Tour

I think we'll be at least seeing a Fear of the Dark Tour, a Brave New World Tour, and A Matter of Life and Death Tour. But what do you all think?

I would love to see a Tour For Mtmccox, doing 10 gigs in Czech Republic playing all the awesome songs I love.

They have already released the History of DOD and AMOLAD recording. In my opinion, there will be another History part covering the nineties to BNW, but that's it.

Yeh, if they do it at all, the nineties hopefully. But they aren't going to "revisit" post-2000, since that's not really history. That was like, just there.

But they aren't going to "revisit" post-2000, since that's not really history. That was like, just there.

Depends on when they did it, wouldn't you say?

I was actually very surprised when they announced this new tour - one of those things Maiden do that catch me completely off guard. So, once again, I'm not going to try and predict anything they do.

I was surprised that they were doing it so early. I thought it would be at least 2013 before we saw anything from Maiden. (With the exception of the live DVD)

I don't think there will be any history tours after this, the 90's albums just aren't popular enough. If they did a 90's History tour, it would be Fear of the Dark themed tour as that will be the next DVD. And I think at that point they should just do a regular tour without a theme and play stuff from all eras. Which is probably what is going to happen since sadly that'll probably be their last tour.

Well if that's the case... what if they did a Best of the 90s Tour with the set looking like it did during the Fear of the Dark Tour.
then after that, they do a Best of 2000s Tour and dress it up like DoD. I think maybe that would be the way to go.

I suppose you're right Perun. I had my "one more retro tour, a last album, a tour of that album, & a massive final tour" hat on, when I said that. But, going forward, maybe they really will surprise us; or, to be precise, maybe Nicko will surprise us! Maybe the future (& the end) really is further away than we think...

What happens if we still have: this Maiden England tour running into mid-2013; a 16th studio album at the end of 2013; a tour associated with this album in 2014; another retro tour, focusing on the 90's (specifically on FotD) in 2015-2016; --and in 2017, when all of the band have now celebrated their sixtieth (except Brucie, who'll still be in his late fifties; and Nicko who's looking forward to his 65th!), perhaps we'll all be asking the same questions? How much have they all got left? And, how's Nicko going to cope with touring in his 70's? :D

It's possible/feasible Maiden could keep this all going for the rest of this decade; even until about 2022 (Nicko's 70th)...

I remember it being said a while back that they won't do an album til 2015.

Well, I just want to see them play some great songs off of Brave New World and A Matter of Life and Death (my two favorite albums) and since Bruce said they plan on doing more history tours down the road, I'm just speculating. Yes, it's true that the 90s albums are NOT very popular at all (with the exception of Fear of the Dark).

I'm just wanting them to play The Wicker Man, Dream of Mirrors, and anything off of AMoLaD!!! Pray they'll play some of that soon!

I'm pretty sure the way they like to do it is play recent stuff every other tour.

I hope they don't do another history tour after this an I highly doubt they will. The 90's wasn't particularly successful comparatively speaking and they pretty much ignore every song except Fear of the Dark. Hopefully, they put out another album or two and go on tour strictly to promote the new album(s). And maybe a farewell tour in the end (but I don't see it happening for a long while.) they got about 10 years left in them I think.

I agree that they won't do a 90's history tour since it wasn't very popular, but on their next new album tour, it would be nice if they would at least throw a few songs in from No Prayer and FOTD such as Wasting Love, Holy Smoke, Tailgunner, or Be Quick.

I want some No Prayer songs as well. Well no, just these: Tailgunner, No Prayer for the Dying, Public Enema Number 1, The Assassin, Run Silent Run Deep.

If it's a 90s Tour, it'll probably be something like this:

1. Tailgunner
2. Be Quick or Be Dead
3. Man on the Edge
4. Afraid to Shoot Strangers
5. Public Enema Number 1
6. Wasting Love
7. No Prayer for the Dying
8. The Clansman
9. From Here to Eternity
10. Sign of the Cross
11. Bring Your Daughter... to the Slaughter
12. Fear of the Dark
13. Iron Maiden
---encore---
14. Holy Smoke
15. The Number of the Beast
16. Hallowed Be Thy Name

There is only one 90's song I want to see, and it's a song I'd love to see live over nearly every other Iron Maiden song: Sign of the Cross.

Back