For the two Megadeth fans besides me

Endgame

Check out Dave's track by track comments on the new album that is out.  See how 'Headcrusher' was in part inspired by Iron Maiden and a Dutch museum.  The said song is also played live in studio.

I plan on seeing them with Slayer.  I just got to convince at least one more person to go.

Don't let that stop you at all costs. In 1996 I went on my own to Skunkworks and Helloween.
Now I am glad I didn't miss that.

Genghis Khan said:
See how 'Headcrusher' was in part inspired by Iron Maiden and a Dutch museum. 

Is that part 1 or 2? I'd like to see that particular moment. Thanks in advance!

By the way, this album is "album of the month" in the latest Aardschok (Dutch metal magazine).

Meh. I was disappointed by the album overall. It has some great tracks, but others just fall flat, especially I think because of the guitar work (fast, no emotion, no direction). Headcrusher is one of those failed tracks.

Favorites: Dialectic Chaos, 44 Minutes, The Hardest Part of Letting Go, The Right to Go Insane.

Forostar said:
Don't let that stop you at all costs. In 1996 I went on my own to Skunkworks and Helloween.
Now I am glad I didn't miss that.

My brother is interested.  We used to have a group that went to Megadeth concerts.  Oh well.

Forostar said:
Is that part 1 or 2? I'd like to see that particular moment. Thanks in advance!

By the way, this album is "album of the month" in the latest Aardschok (Dutch metal magazine).

The track-by-track is in order so it would be part 2/2.  Good to know the Dutch appreciate it.

Natalie said:
Meh. I was disappointed by the album overall. It has some great tracks, but others just fall flat, especially I think because of the guitar work (fast, no emotion, no direction). Headcrusher is one of those failed tracks.

Favorites: Dialectic Chaos, 44 Minutes, The Hardest Part of Letting Go, The Right to Go Insane.

That's interesting.  I'd say the speed is what makes it good.  It is thrash after all.  Where it falls flat is the lyrics.  Dave can't do it on his own.  He needs a strong lyricist like Ellefson (Junior).  A lot of the lyrics are so awkward.  44 Minutes and Endgame suffer from this.

Genghis Khan said:
I plan on seeing them with Slayer.  I just got to convince at least one more person to go.

I've seen Priest/Megadeth/Testament on my own, and I was also quasi-on my own last weekend (was set to go with two others, but both jumped ship in the last moment). Didn't prevent me from enjoying it.

But now I'm pissed off they won't support Slayer on their European tour as well.

I'm assuming record label conflicts. Or maybe Megadeth's American tour was already scheduled when Slayer announced their European dates. I just hope Slayer won't go on the road with Trivium again.

Forostar said:

It was also album of the month in last month's Rock Hard magazine (German edition).

So, I have listened to four tracks of Endgame now, and I have to say I like it. It's very genuine Megadeth, great riffs, great songwriting, yet uncomfortable and angry.

Well. Now I've gotten into the album a bit more, and I must say I really like it.

:ok: The new Megadeth ROCKS! I love it. It's HEAVY!

I saw Megadeth in Vancouver at The Commodore Ballroom. I was right in front almost the whole time. Thats probably where my hearing loss began.

Megadeth has been, and always will be one of my most listened to bands.  Mustaine to me seems a bit self absorbed, but then again, so am I.  :halo:

79transam said:
:ok: The new Megadeth ROCKS! I love it. It's HEAVY!

I saw Megadeth in Vancouver at The Commodore Ballroom. I was right in front almost the whole time. Thats probably where my hearing loss began.

Megadeth has been, and always will be one of my most listened to bands.  Mustaine to me seems a bit self absorbed, but then again, so am I.  :halo:

My first Megadeth experience resulted in ear ringing for the next several hours.

How important was his role if I may ask, e.g. songwriting-wise?
How would you compared his comeback with the role of Adrian Smith in Maiden, or Mat Barlow in Iced Earth?

Since 'Countdown to Extinction' the band has given credits.  Looking at those Ellefson has had a lot of influence in writing and especially composing the music, more so than any other band member other than Mustaine.  He also co-founded the band and was the only mainstain along Mustaine until 2002. 

Back