For Newbies: The Revised Forum Guide

Status
Not open for further replies.

LooseCannon

Enterprise-class aircraft carrier
Staff member
First of all, as a member of the Maidenfans forum team, I'd like to welcome all the new posters to our community.  It is my hope that all of you can contribute to this fan forum in an intelligent and constructive manner, and to this end I'd like to put forth a short forum guide and a small list of suggestions.

This forum is unique, in that where other forums encourage rampant flaming, unintelligent posting, and lax English, we strongly recommend you partake in the exact opposites.  Be courteous in your language, but don't be afraid to disagree.  Simply disagree in an intelligent manner.  Back up your arguments and opinions.  Try to avoid abbreviations, "l33t sp34k", and poor grammar and spelling whenever possible.  And finally, remember to use the search function to find topics that may have been already thought of.  Constant recreation of repetitive topics will be considered spam, which should be kept in the Spam Forum!

Now for that short forum guide:

Maidenfans.com: The most active section, we've got lots of forums here.  The first is Maiden Chat, where you go to discuss anything to do with Iron Maiden.  Now please, keep in mind that if you have a poll idea about albums, covers, videos, band members...it's already been done.  It's likely over at the Best of/Worst of Polls Forum, so go check that!

Secondly we have Solo/Side Projects.  You've got a forum here for Bruce Dickinson, B L A Z E, Psycho Motel, ASAP, and whatever else you can come up with for Maiden side or solo projects.

Next is [http://forum.maidenfans.com/http://forum.maidenfans.com/phpbb/viewforum.php?f=3.0]General Discussion[/url].  Talk about anything.  Here we keep the NOW WATCHING and NOW READING threads, where we can show movies we watch and books we read.  Be sure to mention what your book is about, else Master Owl will swoop in for the kill!  Toss in new comments and bands here, or just have a little discussion!  Also, we've got the Newcomer's Corner here, come tell us a bit about yourself and meet the regulars!

Trade Forum.  For bootlegs of concerts!  Here you arrange trading those about.

The local forum of our crazy forum nuts like The Ancient Mariner: Can I Play with this new forum while the admins are twiddling their settings?  Spam!  Spam!  Spam!  Go here when you're bored!  Go here when you're feeling crazy!

Tab Archive.  Learn to play Maiden.

International: Pretty self explanatory.  For all you people who (unlike me) are at home in another language.  We have Shadow's Skandinaviskt Forum, SandMaN and Assassin90s Foro en Español, Orodaran's Forumo de Italiano, and the Fórum Português.  Enjoy talking to people in languages that I really have no idea what they're saying!

The Iron Maiden Commentary! For serious discussion only!  Come here to analyze and break down Maiden songs.  Maverick is the leader of both the English and French forums here, and we have many intelligent posters.  Beware, no spamming tolerated within these walls!

Metal For Life: Belonging to Eddie's Lil Helper, here you can find all the news and discussion on other metal bands of all descriptions.

I hope this helps all you new folk, and I look forward to talking with you in the future!

LooseCannon
Moderator, Maidenfans.com

PS: Anyone who has any changes to suggest should PM me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back