First summer 2010 festival date!

Ranko

I'll shoot the gunner first!
Check out the official Maiden web, it has this picture posted:

steve_watchthisspace.jpg

Then, check out Sonisphere Festival's facebook/twitter page: "Major announcement coming this Wednesday at 6 pm", which coincides with the pic above. We've got ourselves our first Summer 2010 festival date!

Considering they haven't started recording yet, no chance it's album info.  Definitely a summer tour announcement.

Rumour right now have them doing Rock in Rio Lisboa, Sonisphere, Rock en Seine, Wacken Open Air, and some NA dates.

another rumour is that maiden should play at graspop festival....anyway I think like you that summer tour 2010 will be just a tour with their best hits seen that the tour for the album should be in the fall-winter...

Maiden are headlining the sunday of sonisphere 2010, along with Rammstein, Alice Cooper, Motley Crue, Iggy and the Stooges, Slayer, The Cult and Anthrax with more to be announced.  the first "several thousand" tickets bought come with free tickets to Sonisphere Poland, to see Metallica, Slayer, Mastodon, Anthrax, Behemoth and many more.

If you're considering buying tickets, please use the code  1k910106 when buying to get yourself free drinks and entrance to a party + BBQ on the day before the music starts, cheers. All you need to do is go to http://uk.sonispherefestivals.com/buy-tickets/  and when you get to the checkout, scroll down to the box which says Founder Member Club codes and enter the code 1k910106 in the box!

Just announced other two shows :
maiden will headline sonisphere festival in sweden on saturday august 7th 2010 and in finland on sunday 8th 2010

The Clairvoyant said:
Just announced other two shows :
maiden will headline sonisphere festival in sweden on saturday august 7th 2010
1,5  hour drive. Awesome.  :yey:

In which part of Sweden is this? I might consider going. Of course I'd love a show in Norway, but when it comes to festivals I don't think we have any that are big enough (in metal and hard rock) to attract Maiden.

Eddies Wingman said:
In which part of Sweden is this? I might consider going. Of course I'd love a show in Norway, but when it comes to festivals I don't think we have any that are big enough (in metal and hard rock) to attract Maiden.

I'd be surprised if Maiden didn't play Norway this tour.

Eddies Wingman said:
It's in Stockholm.

GuineaPig said:
I'd be surprised if Maiden didn't play Norway this tour.

Well, if this summer only sees a festival tour, Stockholm might actually be the closest they get. On their main tours (album tours and nostalgia tours) they are probably playing in Norway, maybe two shows (they've played two shows in Norway on several of the recent tours) - but on a festival tour? Would be a nice bonus if it happens.

Eddies Wingman said:
Well, if this summer only sees a festival tour, Stockholm might actually be the closest they get. On their main tours (album tours and nostalgia tours) they are probably playing in Norway, maybe two shows (they've played two shows in Norway on several of the recent tours) - but on a festival tour? Would be a nice bonus if it happens.

Well, Somewhere Back in Time and Early Days were both essentially festival tours in Europe, and both of those had Norway dates.  I'm just saying that they always get a big crowd in Norway, so I would be surprised if they didn't end up making the trip over.

Mega said:
Man, what are the odds they'll come to Israel?
I'd pay any price to see them.

The odds? Hm.
They only played one tour in Israel, back in 1995. The footage in the Lord of the Flies video is from that visit. Naturally it was Maiden's first visit, but also Blaze's first performance with the band.

Just looked it up:

28 September 1995 Jerusalem - Sing Sing
29 September 1995 Tel Aviv - The End
30 September 1995 Haifa - Cinerama Theater

There's a bootleg from the Tel Aviv gig.

Who knows they'll come back again.

Yeah, I know about the 95 tour. Heard it was pretty small and that's why they don't dome here anymore.
Then again, Dream Theater came here several months ago. I think there were... 12,000 people.
I know it's like half of the usual number, but I'm sure we can get 15,000 for Maiden. They should come, cause people really love them here. There are like three tribute bands for them!

Also I think it's man on the edge, not lord of the flies.

Mega said:
Yeah, I know about the 95 tour. Heard it was pretty small and that's why they don't dome here anymore.
Then again, Dream Theater came here several months ago. I think there were... 12,000 people.
I know it's like half of the usual number, but I'm sure we can get 15,000 for Maiden. They should come, cause people really love them here. There are like three tribute bands for them!

Also I think it's man on the edge, not lord of the flies.

Well, you'll almost certainly get DT again, because 12,000 is a massive crowd for them.  As for Maiden, I'd say the likelihood is greater than ever with Ed Force One, but I still wouldn't count on it.

Forostar said:
LOTF has some Hebrew sign in the clip.

edit:
Ah you mean this clip

Just saw LOTF's clip, it has some footage from Israel.

LOL at Nicko's Keffiyeh!

EDIT: at the end of LOTF's clip, they show Maiden with some Bedouin. I hope they don't think that's Israel!XD
Also Steve on a camel!

Back