Favourite Riff

I has got to be:
1)The Intro riff in The Trooper
2)The Intro riff in The Number of the Beast
3)Wicker Man.

"Oh yes....
Rime of the ancient mariner......
They should play it live on DoD-tour! "

Yeah, but they won't. Cos all the muppets with short attention spans would get bored after about 6 minutes.

The Trooper, Wasting Love, Transylvania, The Wickerman, The evil that men do... those are my favs

[!--QuoteBegin-Peaveyraptor+Feb 16 2004, 03:29 PM--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE(Peaveyraptor @ Feb 16 2004, 03:29 PM)[/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--QuoteEBegin--] "Oh yes....
Rime of the ancient mariner......
They should play it live on DoD-tour! "

Yeah, but they won't. Cos all the muppets with short attention spans would get bored after about 6 minutes. [/quote]
I disagree (partially). The Maiden shows I've been to have been jam-packed with hardcore Maiden fans who knew every word. I think these fans (and me!) would love to see ROTAM live. Even if someone didn't know the song, it's very exciting when performed live, as I recall from the one time I got to see it on the SiT tour.

The part I agree with is they won't play it live ever again, simply because it's so long that they could play 2 or 3 newer songs in the same time. It's also sadly probably that Sign of the Cross won't be played again for the same reason.

1.44 into Ghost Of The Navigator...It`s so goddamn heavy...Everytime i hear it i just turn up the volume..YEAAAAH...

UP THE IRONS [!--emo&:rock:--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/headbang.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'headbang.gif\' /][!--endemo--]

My favorite riff (riffs) currently is .. Acacia Avenue 3.50 into the song and then 04:40 that riff simply rules! it ruled when they played it live in 2003 when they used that wah-wah effect on it

riff strting mother russia and the 1 thats 54 seconds into it

aces high

stranger in a strange land

heaven can wait

It would be an endless list..... Just let me tell a few : The Trooper ( included the beginning ) Hallowed be thy name, Wasted years, SSOASS ( the riff after Dave's second solo, simply 'kin amazing), Mother Russia ( don't forget it ) Afraid to shoot strangers, Judgement of Heaven, The Fallen Angel, Futureal, Dance of Death, Rainmaker....... it will never end!!!!!!! [!--emo&:rock:--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/headbang.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'headbang.gif\' /][!--endemo--]

Back In The Village has a sweet guitar intro once the bass and drums come in. And after the buildup in ROTAM, just after ''Then down in falls comes the rain''. Love that riff. Then the solo. Oh, and I'd have to go with Trooper also. Another would be Wicker Man's ''Your time will come,'' that's really catchy. Likewise, the part nearer the end with the ''whoa-oh-oh!'' Lovin' that.

My personal fav riff would have to be Hallow be Thy name for sure rainmaker, fear of the dark and wasted years. [!--emo&:rock:--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/headbang.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'headbang.gif\' /][!--endemo--]

Relevalations
Paschendale
Fear of the dark

[!--emo&:D--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/biggrin.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'biggrin.gif\' /][!--endemo--] [!--emo&:rock:--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/headbang.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'headbang.gif\' /][!--endemo--]

aces high
powerslave
murders in the rue mourge
hallowed be thy name
the wickerman

god theres so many i love nearly all of em [!--emo&:bow:--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/bowdown.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'bowdown.gif\' /][!--endemo--]

but then the bass lines are mostly bassed around the same scale aint they [!--emo&^_^--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/happy.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'happy.gif\' /][!--endemo--]

Back