Favorite Songs of 'Modern Era of Iron Maiden'

steelerbrian

Prowler
So whats say we keep it to nore more than 10, no less than 5 of your favorite songs, songs that really get you passionate about them, Maiden, etc., since the return of Bruce D. on "Brave New World".  My faves.......
1) Montsegur - Awsome!  Heavy! And smart, clever and to the point.... puts me 'in the mind of' "Piece of Mind" era material (my favorite I.M. album)
2) The Nomad - Great riff, very heavy and just oozes classic "Powerslave" type sound and feel... almost "...Mariner" in it's long structure that contains a very melow mooded middle part... classic Maiden metal ebb and flow with lots metal grandeur and power!
3) Brighter Than A Thousand Suns - Talk about setting the mood and then building to a well deserved finish!.... epic and brilliant!
4) The Legacy - If you like classic long-form Maiden metal, with all the goodies that entails, then "The Legacy" is akin to a big fat overstuffed Halloween bag full of sweet treats that, in this case, won't rot your teeth out..... but maybe your mind???  Who doesn't like delicate acoutic lines fused with fat, lazy power chords followed by the devasting bass and drums of Mr's Harris and McBrain?
5) Paschendale - Get the lyrics in front of you and crank it up!  What a powerful, passionate dissertation of super powered soaring metal!  Maiden pulled no punches in this war-themed, story telling masterpiece!
6-10: Honorable Mention (love these songs too!) - The Mercenary, New Fontier, Isle of Avalon, The Final Frontier, El Dorado,  The Reincarnation of Benjamin Breeg, Lord of Light..  (well, that's 12... sorry...UP THE IRONS!!!!)

Blood Brothers, Dream of Mirrors, Dance of Death, Paschendale and Brighter Than a Thousand Suns

When the Wild Wind Blows, Paschendale, The Longest Day, These Colours Don't Run, and Brave New World — all among my current best-ever Maiden top 10.

In no order:

Brave New World
Dream of Mirrors
Rainmaker
Out of the Shadows
The Reincarnation of Benjamin Breeg
Isle of Avalon
Starblind
The Talisman
The Man Who Would Be King
When The Wild Wind Blows

There are many more!

:rocker:

Actually I think your order is in order of albums. XD

The Nomad
The Thin Line Between Love and Hate
Rainmaker
Dance of Death
Paschendale
Out of the Shadows
The Longest Day
Coming Home
Starblind
When the Wild Wind Blows

For Out of the Shadows and The Nomad, I could've selected any song, but for today, it's those two.

No order:

Dream Of Mirrors
Out Of The Silent Planet
The Thin Line Between Love & Hate
Brave New World
Rainmaker
Paschendale
Face In The Sand
No More Lies
Brighter Than A Thousand Suns
The Man Who Would Be King

Ahahahahahahahahahahah... Sorry, I didn't read the former post. I'll clean the list, now! :p Thanx for the warning, lady! ;)

In no particular order:

The Nomad
Rainmaker
Dance of Death
These Colours Don't Run
Lord of Light
The Legacy
El Dorado
The Alchemist
The Talisman
When the Wild Wind Blows

What the screw is wrong with "Montsegur"?!?!  How come nobody ever mentions it?  That song is SO tight and swift and POWERFUL!!  (should have been on "Piece Of Mind") Am I missing something???

Chronological order-

The Wicker Man
Ghost of the Navigator
Rainmaker
Paschendale
These Colours Don't Run
Brighter Than a Thousand Suns
Lord of Light
Isle of Avalon
Starblind
The Talisman

steelerbrian said:
What the screw is wrong with "Montsegur"?!?!  How come nobody ever mentions it?  That song is SO tight and swift and POWERFUL!!  (should have been on "Piece Of Mind") Am I missing something???
The chorus is great - it's powerful, catchy and one of my favorite choruses of the modern IM era - but the rest of the song doesn't quite measure up.

valacirca said:
The chorus is great - it's powerful, catchy and one of my favorite choruses of the modern IM era - but the rest of the song doesn't quite measure up.

Funny, because I'm the opposite. I do find the verses and the instrumental part tight and powerful.
It's the chorus I don't like.
Kinda, I don't know... screechy maybe?

chaosapiant said:
I think today, Starblind just became my #1 Maiden song, ever.  :blink:
Wow.

Although it's easily a Top 15 Maiden song for me, so I'm not exactly surprised that someone would feel this way.

Starblind really scared me when I first really got it. But it's still not better than Paschendale.

Only one mention of The Legacy this far? Come on, what's wrong with you people?

My top two songs from each album:

BNW: Ghost of the Navigatur, Blood Brothers
DoD: Dance of Death, Paschendale
AMOLAD: Brighter Than A Thousand Suns, The Legacy
TFF: Starblind, Coming Home

Eddies Wingman said:
Only one mention of The Legacy this far? Come on, what's wrong with you people?

My top two songs from each album:

BNW: Ghost of the Navigatur, Blood Brothers
DoD: Dance of Death, Paschendale
AMOLAD: Brighter Than A Thousand Suns, The Legacy
TFF: Starblind, Coming Home

BNW: Ghost of the navigator, Dream of mirrors, brave new world, TTLBLAH
DoD: Dane of death, no more lies, paschendale
AMOLAD: BTATS, TCDR, The legacy

The second half of the legacy is one of maidens finest moments.  The first half is plain boring.

Some people give me lots of crap because I like 21st century, 3-guitar Maiden better than old Maiden. Thus, limiting this to just 10 tracks is really hard...

Ghost of the Navigator
Brave New World
Blood Brothers
The Thin Line Between Love and Hate
Rainmaker
Dance of Death
Paschendale
Brighter Than a Thousand Suns
Starblind
The Talisman

I'm with you, DB!

Ghost of the Navigator