explain your nicks please

____no5

Free Man
explain the reasons that made you choose your nick name -and tell us what they mean !

------------
the idea for this topic belongs originally to JackKnife

Mine is obvious, I think.

Fave album is Powerslave and I was born in 1981

I thought long and hard for a unique nick, but this is what I came up with  :p

I've used Anomica as my on-line nick for 5 years or so. During that time I have, among other things, been a very poor gamer and a somewhat better (i hope) conversationalist. Anomica comes from the sociological term Anomie, which roughly means to feel cut off from society's norms and the stuff that keep society together as a whole. It signifies a feeling of drifting through life without purpose or meaning. According to the French sociolgist Emile Durkheim it's the main reason for suicide in modern society. Since I was such a crappy gamer and usually managed to kill myself and my team mates more than my enemies, I thought it was suitable. Then it stuck and by now I know quite a few people around the globe under this name, I don't want to change it.

Hey presto!

I think the word "Shadow" looks quite good in print. There's not much more to it than that, really.

Occasionally when fired, the gas escapes around the round instead of propelling it forward.

I'm a fan of the Strapping Young Lad. I was looking for their official website three years ago, lost myself and got stuck here since then.

My real name is Angel, but when Gringos try to pronounce it in Spanish it comes out as 'onhell'... I've considered changing it to other nicks I've picked up recently like my radio dj name or my "unofficial" job title, but like Anomica, I've had it for so long why change it...

Looks good. Sounds good. Down to the point. No superfluous nicknack.

Perun said:
Looks good. Sounds good. Down to the point. No superfluous nicknack.

And it means.... what exactly? Is it German? Easter Islandese? Greek? You made the whole shit up?

Umm...there's not much to explain. Natalie is my name. I am Natalie. And I like my name, so I figured why not?

:) wow I find here two people that I really like but don't meet often : Hello Anomica & ABandOn  B) 
Demon52.gif

as for the A Band On, it seems to me that Purple made a game of words with "Abaddon" to refer to Lord's last album for a while

-------
5 = 2+3 : refers to spiral shape, golden number and symbolizes an ancient way --->pentatony
I searched yesterday, and finally found when I firstly begun to "sign"  :D -the underscores serve exactly to simulate a signature:D

Here We Are
Monday 24th April, 2006 :: Sixth Complete Diary from the Caveman

:: edbaldhead 25-April-2006 6:17 pm says...

What's up with this anonymous comments board. Ever since the website was "upgraded", no one signs in, which leads to useless arguments and inane comments such as "Kevin Shirly ate my balls". Plus the comments are uneditable by the commentor. I think it's time for another "upgrade."

:: 25-April-2006 6:33 pm says...

-let me introduce myself : I'm no 5 -you re not a number, you R a free man !! - ha ha ha ha ha ......from now on, I will sign my comments......who's that guy that don't like kevin? i have to tell him some more words...hey you, don 't hide yourself____no5

:D

so this was my first "signed" comment
Demon08.gif

the funny is that edbaldhead was speaking of sign-in, and I to take fun I proposed a signing
Demon31.gif

he he I continued to comment whithout to sign-in for a few months...  allways with the immitation of a signature
Demon12.gif
  at the end of the phrase  :D

then one day the upgrade had been made, and I had really to sign-in the forums, to continue comment there so I did it
but since then, I stopped to comment there -and other people too
RW would not agree but this annonym posting gave a very nice ambience at that time

____no5 said:
:) wow I find here two people that I really like but don't meet often : Hello Anomica & ABandOn  B) 
Demon52.gif

Hi, Fiver ;) (Watership Down, anyone?) I haven't posted a lot here lately but I'm a diligent reader. The problem is that when I find a thread I feel is interesting to write in there are already 25 posts to read through first and sometimes I just don't feel up to it. You know? I'll try to be better, though, since this is one of the better forums on the 'net as far as I'm concerned with a healthy mix of irreverence, acid comments, serious discussions and mindless fun.

Well done to all you regulars on the forum who work hard to keep this alive and interesting. As Siskel and Ebert (sp?) would say, two thumbs up :ok: :ok:

Back