Deep dark secret

Onhell said:
What do you guys have against The Eagles? And CCR is fucking awesome.
I don't have much against them, but apart from that one song (you know which one), they don't do much for me. Still, I don't mind listening to them every now and agin.

Onhell said:
What do you guys have against The Eagles? And CCR is fucking awesome.

Don Henley: tool.
Glenn Frey: boring.
Timothy B. Schmidt: mega-tool.
Joe Walsh: one of the coolest guys ever to walk the face of the Earth, inexplicably hanging around with a bunch of dorks.

The complete list of tolerable Eagles songs:
"Hotel California", but only the guitar solo
"Life In The Fast Lane"
"Desperado", sometimes

As to CCR: I like them a lot, but I've heard all their records so much that it's lost the thrill. Only a few songs like "Sweet Hitchhiker" or "The Midnight Special" still entertain me.

Indigo Shift said:
Now I don't feel so bad for going on an occasional disco kick.

"Night fever, night feevaaaah...we don't have to do it!" :yey:

I'll kick out some ABBA now and then.

As to the rest:

Dire Straits: Good tunes to do fun things to girls to
CCR: Good tunes to drink and get funky with
Eagles: Good tunes to do more fun things with girls to

Oh, and Rainbow is great-- I like Dio and Joe Lynn Turner.

Edit:  Ok, I should add to this, so it doesn't sound like regular spam.  I really like most of the stuff that the Eagles do.  I know that many don't and it took me a long time to get into it... there is something, to me, about "Seven Bridges Road" that I just love to hear.  I'm also a huge fan of "Already Gone", I think its good fun to listen to.

Dire Straits was maybe the first cassette that I ever bought, and they hold a place close to me for that. I do like the tunes, but not all of their songs.  However, it can be great 'mood' music.

Victim of Love is a good Eagles song too, the rest...... I can agree, they were good when I was 6.

I agree on the Zeppelin thing, I don't really get their greatness either - apart from Stairway and Whole lotta love, maybe.

CCR good for beer drinking and hell raisin', just like ZZ Top.

I love Lynyrd Skynyrd but not Dire Straits (anymore)

I've been asked to join as a bassist for my friend's Rock Band group. I'm debating on if I should do that or just go get a real bass guitar.

Deano said:
Victim of Love is a good Eagles song too...

No, it's not. It sucks hairy hippo balls.

Deano said:
I've been asked to join as a bassist for my friend's Rock Band group. I'm debating on if I should do that or just go get a real bass guitar.

Do the Rock Star thing. I have already perfected the art of playing a real bass. There's nothing left for anyone to add.

Jesus Christ Superstar is very good - personally, I prefer Joseph.

I Love Motley Crue and Poison. It's perfectly normal to me. But to other people  :ninja:

My favourite all time film is The Warriors.

Yeah, those people who got killed by the Japanese soldier and in the helicopter explosion regularly make my brain explode. :D

Back