Death Metal

Some of those covers ruled !
Man that Absu track is a weird combo of some aggressive and slow parts. Rough production.

Gorefest is the number one for me still, because of the powerful vocals (I once quoted a little manifest from the net on how good those vocals are).
At the same time, I have never really delved much further into work of their concurrents (I have heard quite some Pestilence though).

Yeah I remember God Dethroned. Used to listen to Ravenous quite a lot when it came out.

Also, this album at least needs to be in the top 3 NL Death Metal...

The songs I picked are older than Ravenous, less melodeathish, more don't know... blackened deathish. Epic is the correct word I guess.

National League? Swedish national league? ;--)

Really nice doomy end in that Edge of Sanity song.

Didn't know Burial! Like this vocals. And some changes later on! Love it! They made one album in 1993 and are still around it seems.

THE Confessions of a Serial Killer! Dynamo Open Air, 1993.
Great to watch that audience.

Last edited:
:eek::eek::eek:
jason

Death Metal with that old Death/Shuldiner sound :shred:Video not for the squeamish. Basically just clips from various cannibal splatter movies :D

Last edited:
2016 off to a pretty good start already for Death Metal..

Highly enjoying this album from Canadian Chthe'ilist. Blistering solos! :notworthy:

Also, new Obscura just hit, which I'm excitied about checking out as well.

Last edited:
Wow! Very nice! Atmospheric music as well. Love those dark keyboards that pop up sometimes in the background. Great find. Best death metal of the last years / this century?

edit:
Seriously: f*ck this good.

Last edited:
Wow! Very nice! Atmospheric music as well. Love those dark keyboards that pop up sometimes in the background. Great find. Best death metal of the last years / this century?

Hell yeah. Very technical but with a solid focus on the atmospherics as well. Can't believe how funky "The Voices,...." is :D Also those solos. Daaamn.

Back