Dave Mustaine

Eddie's Lil Helper

Ancient Mariner
The first out of 17 guitars earmarked by former MEGADETH leader Dave Mustaine to be auctioned off via eBay is currently available for bidding. As previously reported, many of the guitars (view photo) are extremely rare and include a number of pieces from the final batch of Y2KVs (Mustaine's signature model) that Jackson made.

When asked recently by Guitar One magazine for his opinion on the current heavy metal scene, Mustaine said, "There's not anyone who really excites me. It's pretty formulaic. There's an old saying that goes, 'If you put an unlimited amount of monkeys in a room with an unlimited amount of typewriters, eventually one is going to write Shakespeare.' So you have some of these guitar players today upchuck riffs into a microphone, and eventually you'll get a hit song.

"As good as the guitar players were in the '80s, where are the solos? What are they afraid of?" Mustaine continued. "Bands now are so image-conscious. A lot of these groups, the only way I'd know them is is by the way they look. Like the IMPOTENT SEA SNAKES — what a bunch of fucked-up people those guys are. It's the most unbelievable stage show I've ever seen. They had dead animals on stakes, live lesbian sex acts, a guy buck naked shaving his crotch, a guy with a cod-piece made of metal and some other idiot up there with a body grinder grinding on this thing, and I'm thinking, 'Boy, are we dull!' "

'If you put an unlimited amount of monkeys in a room with an unlimited amount of typewriters, eventually one is going to write Shakespeare'
[!--emo&:lmao:--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/lol.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'lol.gif\' /][!--endemo--]

[!--emo&:lol:--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/lol[1].gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'lol[1].gif\' /][!--endemo--] [!--emo&:lol:--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/lol[1].gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'lol[1].gif\' /][!--endemo--]

Thats the man Mr. Mustain.......and he's 200% correct! [!--emo&:lol:--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/lol[1].gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'lol[1].gif\' /][!--endemo--]

Back