Countries Maiden have never toured (or visited once)!

Maidenvana

Invader
There are numerous countries that I've noticed Maiden haven't ever played in or have only visited once according to the commentary tour section. They include, but aren't limited to..

Latvia
Lithuania
Estonia
Luxembourg (Shows that they played there during World Piece tour, but there is no bootleg proof or anything.)
Ukraine
Macedonia
South Africa (Shows they only played there during X Factor tour.)
Israel (Shows they only played there during X Factor tour.)
Malta (Once during Virtual Xi tour, again no bootleg proof, so could be false.)
and of course the list could go on...

What do you think are the reasons for Maiden overlooking these countries? Could it be government issues? What about South Africa and Israel? I find it kind of strange that the ONLY time they ever play in those countries was during a tour supporting the first album with Blaze, and then they never go back. Perhaps they didn't get a nice reception? :p

What do you guys think? Anyone have more insight?

Eh, I don't know. There are quite a few countries in this world --do they have to have played them all or something?

I figured someone would say that. :p. By no means are they expected to play at literally every country on the globe, but the countries I mentioned above have been visited by plenty of bands in the past, so I was just curious as to why Maiden overlooked them entirely or significantly.

When there is no bootleg proof you can still believe that there was a show there. Not every show has a known recording.

The Maiden Commentary is very accurate when it comes to tour dates and cancellations.
Let me guess: do you live in one of these overlooked countries?

Maidenvana, I guess you're from one of the Baltic countries (well I'am :)), and I think the reason why Maiden has visited Estonia only once is because Estonia is so close to Finland where they always give a show or two. So people from Estonia who want to see them can just go over the sea and see them. And I think that might the case for other countries to.

I think Maiden have definitely played Malta, you can see it on the tour history section of the recently updated website.

Back