Could Mariner be turned into a Movie?

Mysterio

Invader
Based on the lyrics and story.  Could Rime of the Ancinet Mariner be turned into a Movie?  If so.  Would it be a Modern Tale, or be set back int time.  Who could play the part of the Mariner and bride and groom?

Mysterio

I thought about it once, and came to the conclusion that not only would it work, but if done right, it would probably rip.

Only if John Cleese plays the Mariner:

dead%20albatross.jpg

Does someone know who did the voice in the middle part of the song?

I suddenly wonder if it might come from one of those films.

Let's see if this theory of mine turns into a rumour: Could it be the same bloke who did the vocal intro of The Number of the Beast?

IIRC, the guy for Number of the Beast was just a one-time use who didn't have anything to do with Maiden.  I doubt he'd have done Mariner.

Maybe Bruce is already working this...actually lets change that into a potential rumor too: DICKINSON TO WORK ON EPIC MOVIE BASED ON RIME !!!1!!!!11!!!!

I'm thinking of a 20-minutes movie based on Maiden epic, with the detail that it wouldn't start from Maiden management
but from an inspired (and talentuous) director -something like Alan Parker's The Wall

Director Alan Parker, a fan of Pink Floyd, asked EMI whether The Wall could be adapted to film. EMI suggested that Parker talk to Waters, who asked Parker to direct the film.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pink_Floyd_The_Wall_(film)#History

Forostar said:
Does someone know who did the voice in the middle part of the song?

I suddenly wonder if it might come from one of those films.

It's the late great fellow Welshy, Richard Burton.

(Married Elizabeth Taylor, twice, if my memory serves me right)

Consider the story. There's not much physical action. It wouldn't get made in today's Hollywood, unless they juiced it up with some fights.

Maybe the albatross is more like a dragon, and he has to do battle to kill it.

Then, instead of the Death and Life in Death rolling dice, they include the mariner and they play poker, with the fate of the world riding on the hands.

Wasted CLV said:
Then, instead of the Death and Life in Death rolling dice, they include the mariner and they play poker, with the fate of the world riding on the hands.

And when she wins the mariner, they have a disturbingly erotic pr0n scene.

LooseCannon said:
And then he fucks a sea maiden.  Gotta have a sex scene.

Let him fuck the albatross instead...

It's something so new, it's gotta be considered artistic... :lol: :lol: :lol:

Back