Could I get some details about the Edhuntour USA leg?

Travis The Dragon

AFTERGLOW!!!
http://ironmaidencommentary.com/?url=to ... link=tours

With Adrian being absent at those shows, I take it that it was just a 5 man band with Janick playing all of his solos? Also, is the same true for the El Paso show where Dave didn't play any solos?

Also, I wonder what the stage production was like for the USA leg. I see they played a small club called The Eagles Ballroom in Milwaukee which has a small stage and only holds 4,000. There must not have been an Eddie for that because there's no way a stage that small could handle it.

Nice post Fonze, old soldier! I have searched long and hard for the Edhunter New Mexico show that Dave couldn't perform..alas to no avail. It would be interesting to hear janick and adrian improvise to Daves solos.

I also find it kind of bizarre that at the very beginning of the reunion era you would expect the band to be at its most diplomatic...yet during the period when Adrian went back to the UK after his father passed away, one of his songs, Stranger In A Strange Land, was dropped never to return after Adrian rejoined the tour. Very harsh on many levels...H had only just rejoined Maiden, he'd just suffered a personal loss, plus Stranger is rarely played classic!

Sorry I can't help you with the Edhunter bootlegs tho...

Ps..with this post being my 50th in maidenfans (over 4 years, yes a poor strikerate) I would like to raise my cricket bat to the crowd in celebration.

The Mid-Distance Runner said:
Nice post Fonze, old soldier! I have searched long and hard for the Edhunter New Mexico show that Dave couldn't perform..alas to no avail. It would be interesting to hear janick and adrian improvise to Daves solos.

I also find it kind of bizarre that at the very beginning of the reunion era you would expect the band to be at its most diplomatic...yet during the period when Adrian went back to the UK after his father passed away, one of his songs, Stranger In A Strange Land, was dropped never to return after Adrian rejoined the tour. Very harsh on many levels...H had only just rejoined Maiden, he'd just suffered a personal loss, plus Stranger is rarely played classic!

Sorry I can't help you with the Edhunter bootlegs tho...

Ps..with this post being my 50th in maidenfans (over 4 years, yes a poor strikerate) I would like to raise my cricket bat to the crowd in celebration.

I don't even see how anyone could improvise Davey's solos.  Even if H and Jan were capable of playing legato like that, it wouldnt have the same feel.  Davey kind of just makes those solos spring naturally from his hands.

Back