Concert seating

Just out of interest, at most of the shows you've been at is there not some standing (the "pit")? And if so: why don't you buy those tickets?

Yeah, there's a pit area at just about every concert here in the US. It is usually the 50 foot or so (estimate) area directly in front of the stage. There are no seats here, and it is a first come, first serve basis as to where you stand.

The seats then start behind the pit, and increase in elevation the farther back they go (so you can have a good view of the stage, even if behind a lot of people).

And then behind the seats still is the "lawn" section, which is literally a gigantic grass field. These are usually the cheapest tickets, and there are also no seats; first come, first serve basis as to where you stand. But it is far from the stage.

I've only ever gotten pit tickets once, and that was to the Indianapolis concert last summer. It was worth it too, since I caught Adrian Smith's armband (and I can at least say in the future that I was once standing 10-15 feet away from an Iron Maiden concert). But I usually cannot afford pit tickets, and they are usually gone by the time I order anyway; so I try to go with the closest possible seats.

Big difference in price too, pit tickets for the St. Louis show were $115+. The seats I got (which are front row) were $68, much better on my budget, unfortunately.

I have a bit of a stupid question. I've only seen Maiden once. It was last year in Atlanta and I had a specific seat reserved. This time I have a general admin floor ticket for Nashville. I'm not a member of the fan club but from what I understand they have priority. Typically, how close can someone who is not in the fan club get to the barrier at a North American show?
That's the bridgestone arena that you're going to in Nashville it's not an amphitheater it's just an arena where hockey is played. I've been to 3 maiden shows in arena's like that. There is no first to the barrier here in the united states. First come first serve. One time I decided to go to the pit about halfway thru Lauren Harris's performance and even the pit was getting a bit full I still made my way thru the crowd and got up to the front.

Back