Commentaries

A

Anonymous

As many of you seem to have brilliant ideas regarding some interpretations of Maiden songs, I would like to suggest the following:

When you have ideas on a song's commentary enrichment/modification, post it on this BB with the song's name as the topic title. From the first post, everyone can chip in (please avoid answers containing just a sentence like "brilliant comment mate!" or dancing bananas [!--emo&^_^--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/happy.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'happy.gif\' /][!--endemo--] ). Then the topic will remain open for 90 days (the BB can keep older messages, but I suppose that after 3 months, nothing really new can be posted on a specific subject), period after which I shall close the topic and archive it. If anything new crops up after this time, a new topic with the song title and "nb 2" can be open and the process starts again.

Concerning the credits, those won't be given on the commentary pages, but on a separate page that I'll include in the "Features" section (I am currently working on it). Just let me know what name/nick and email addy you want to appear there. Be also aware that a commentary you post today on the BB may only appear on the site's pages around xmas 2005! Sorry about that, I wish I could work faster, but it's technically no possible... [!--emo&:(--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/sad.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'sad.gif\' /][!--endemo--]

Just let me know your thoughts on this and of any improvement we could make to render the process as efficient as possible. Cheers you lot! [!--emo&B)--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/cool.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'cool.gif\' /][!--endemo--]

Another thing: musicians like SinisterMinisterX and other are welcome to give me technical details about the songs (what may distinguish a song as a brilliant piece of tapping technique as compared to others, or the riff of this song is the same as that of another song, only played backwards, or similar things).

I am not a musician (I'm a bloody drummer!) and I am not always aware of these musical subtleties... [!--emo&:p--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/tongue.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'tongue.gif\' /][!--endemo--]

These comments should also be posted under the same headings as the lyrics' commentaries.

P.S.: please be all very careful not to start the same topic twice [!--emo&:p--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/tongue.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'tongue.gif\' /][!--endemo--]

One suggestion, Maverick, about keeping it so that songs we have looked at can be kept track of...pin us a topic where we can just say "Started thread on whatever song"

Man, this is exciting! Great suggestion Mav, about musicians giving technical info about song structure, time signature etc. as an amateur piano player (who can't read music, yet) I'd love to know that. [!--emo&:rock:--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/headbang.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'headbang.gif\' /][!--endemo--]

Sounds like a great plan, Maverick. I look forward to reading what everyone comes up with.

Regarding writing about music: I have a few thoughts I could write up. My college classes just ended for the week, so I have a couple days of semi-free time now to do it. I'll see what I can come up with and (hopefully) start posting it in the next day or two.

And as far as I'm concerned, drummers are musicians!

Back