Classic Rock Mega-Knockout: Finals!

Vote for your favorite song

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I love Layla's main riff. One of my favorite rock riffs of all time. But I feel like the rest of the song doesn't live up to that riff. Still a really good song, though.

Exactly.

Great riff but I am not staring blindly on it. After a couple of minutes, we're going to meh moments (duller midpiece). Should have been shorter.

Its opponent gets stronger as it progresses.

"Bohemian Rhapsody", "Comfortably Numb" and "Tom Sawyer" win comfortably.
Clapton edges out Zeppelin. At the end of the day, "Layla" is simply the more exciting song.

The Final Four

Queen was seeded #1 and expected to be here.
Layla upset both All Along The Watchtower and Stairway To Heaven to take the #2 position.
Now they both face Rush Bias for the right to appear in the final.

"Bohemian Rhapsody" (Queen) [1] vs. "Limelight" (Rush) [140]

"Layla" (Derek & the Dominoes) [10] vs. "Tom Sawyer" (Rush) [59]

Top song in each pair wins a tie.

My votes:

The choices seem pretty clear this round. Layla getting here instead of Stairway is a big part of that.

Bohemian Rhapsody, Tom Sawyer

How did Layla make it so far? There are a ton of songs that have been through this game that should be in that spot (including all the ones that I remember facing Layla).

All Along the Watchtower should've been here instead of Layla. There wasn't another song in the game that I'd rate above AAtW.

Queen and Clapton. Neither would be my top pick, but I like them more than the Rush songs, great as they are.

Back