1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Chains of Misery

Discussion in 'Fear Of The Dark' started by Anonymous, Apr 11, 2004.

?

How good is Chains of Misery on a scale of 1-10?

1. 10

5.6%
  2. 9

2.8%
  3. 8

8.3%
  4. 7

30.6%
  5. 6

16.7%
  6. 5

8.3%
  7. 4

13.9%
  8. 3

5.6%
  9. 2

8.3%
  10. 1

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Mosh

Mosh The years just pass like trains Staff Member

This song isn't bad. I hate the gang vocals but at the same time I disliked the choir of Bruce harmonies on a lot of the 80s albums. It's catchy, simple, and fun. Also, even though it's simple, I feel it has a lot more going on than Fugitive. More tempo changes, more harmonies, a better chorus. A lot more going for it.

2. jazz from hell

jazz from hell Ancient Mariner

I like it too, but The Fugitive is better, because more atmosphères.

3. I give "Chains Of Misery" a 7/10, I don't get the hatred people have for this song, while I hardly consider it to be a great song but I enjoy it due to it being a catchy song with a good sing a long chorus.

4. BeThyJames

BeThyJames Trooper

Don't like the plodding chords in the verses, don't like the dull rhythm section, despise the chanty boring chorus. Instrumental is ok.

5. LooseCannon

LooseCannon Yorktown-class aircraft carrier Staff Member

No. No no no no no. 2/10.

6. Diesel 11

Diesel 11 Come to the Sabbath

So apparently, only once has another song been worse in the rankings than The Apparition, and that song was Chains of Misery. Firstly, I still don't see what's wrong with The Apparition, but onto Chains - it's not that bad. I like the simplicity of the song, the chorus is an interesting for the band, and it's overall enjoyable. Debating between at and 9, but I'm going with the latter for now. 9/10.

Yes. Yes yes yes yes yes. :p