Can you help?

A

Anonymous

Hi!

I am preparing a big special article about Iron Maiden to my website, because they will have concert in my country and everybody is looking forward. I would like to put there something special. Do you have some interviews or articles or quotes, that you like the most or find the most interesting? Do you have some information about family things like the names of the wives and children of the guys, their pets or so. Or do you have some funny or interesting photographs you could post? I would be very grateful and I put your name there, if you wish. It is for the Czech and Slovak fans, they usually dont visit international forums, so they miss lots of information and I would like to translate it. Thank you. ::) 

Regarding pets, Bruce has a cat called Kia and a parrot called Merlin.  They're listed in the special thanks section of every Maiden/Bruce release (with Bruce on it, obviously!).

Steve Harris has a (hot!) daughter called Lauren... :p

Funny quotations, eh...?

'Scream for me, Dublin!  Scream for me, Dublin!  My God, it is different in Ireland, that Guinness, it really is, honestly, whoo!'

~Bruce Dickinson, Dublin, 20/12/06 :smartarse:

seegee said:
Do you have some information about family things like the names of the wives and children of the guys, their pets or so.

I'm sorry to only provide something negative rather than anything positive, but...

At this forum we do not provide any information about the personal lives of the members of Iron Maiden. We have discussed such matters in the past, and those discussions have always gone too far towards invading their privacy. I understand that you probably meant no harm, but such topics are frowned upon here.

There is, however, one notable exception that we can talk about. Steve's daughter, Lauren Harris, is a singer who has opened for Iron Maiden in the past. It's also safe to note that Steve has six children, since this fact was mentioned on the Death on the Road DVD (which I finally got).

And another Bruce quote, from a Denver concert in 1999:
"Scream for me Denver!"
<crowd screams, but not loud enough>
"All right, maybe you know this one ... scream for me Long Beach!"

seegee said:
[...]Do you have some information about family things like the names of the wives and children of the guys, their pets or so. [...]
I don´t think that´s relevant infomation at all... :innocent:

EDIT: SMX posted that while I was writing :(

Bruce with his son Austin (1st child) in Hiroshima:

dscf0035.jpg

Thank you. How many concerts you have been to? I hope I will see them live in june. It is still in process, because it is not in my city, but I will do everything for that. I usually find enough information, when I do it about other bands, but trouble is we have a very good Slovak website, where are lots of interviews and other things translated. Of course it is not a trouble, but more difficulties for me :bigsmile:

And I am really a newbie here. It takes a lots of time to become a respected fan in the forum and to know where to find things. I know because I am a long-time member of different forum...and that you wouldnt say which one, because I listen to Maiden too. But I really dont care about the style. There are other things that counts in the music.

Hello there, seegee! Nice to see another Czech here, I hope you will get lucky with the gig in Ostrava. It took some effort to force my wife to allow me this, hehe, finally, I gave up and bought the ticket without her knowing it, shame on me :)

Well, I tried some search on Google and queries like 'iron maiden trivia' or 'iron maiden facts' seem to return some results, but looking at them, some should not be taken as granted :) Maybe use them as guides and look somewhere else (Iron Maiden Commentary comes to my mind - http://www.maidenfans.com/imc - regarding songs) Some information can be found on en.wikipedia.org. Google even returned something on 'steve harris wife iron maiden' :) So give it a try, maybe you will be able to find something.

Well, I'm not a long-time member of this forum so I'm not sure of the attitude towards this kind of information here (in fact, I totally understand that members of IM want to keep their privacy and members of this forum respect that), so I hope that at least these hints will help you.

Hello Belenor!

It is a little strange to speak English with a Czech, but this is international forum, so we should respect, that the others may wish to read our blurbs :bigsmile:

And why you have written that you are sorry for your English, because you are Czech? Your English is very good, many Czechs speak badly, but definitely not you. I also make lots of mistakes I don´t know about...but as far as people understand me, it is ok.

Thank you for you advices...I will have to get more into searching with this work. And probably write something hardcore fans already know, but I would like to present bands aslo to young fans...because I am one of them and usually find some band, which is famous for years and then I want to know everything I missed throughout those years....so it helps me to write these things to my website and I hope it helps the other people who are interested too...

I can understand keeping private things in private...it depends what information bothers the band...I dont want to make a tabloid from my website...but some things like just a photo of a family, number of kids and photo of a parrot brings exclusivness ::)

seegee said:
It is a little strange to speak English with a Czech, but this is international forum, so we should respect, that the others may wish to read our blurbs :bigsmile:

Well, I find writing English with another Czech less troubling than speaking, it caused me a lot of troubles on English lessons in the school :)

seegee said:
And why you have written that you are sorry for your English, because you are Czech?

Um, just for sure, you know, members of this forum are quite focused on good writing :)

I think hardcore fans already know everything, they would already know www.ironmaiden.sk (speaking of Czechs and Slovaks), so I think your focus on new fans is fine and I'm looking forward to read your article :)

How is it with the official forum? As I understand it, it is paid. Only people, who were members of the old forum have membership for free? It is strange to have a paid forum...I can understand paid fanclub, because members get exclusive material, like printed magazines, but when you just want to discuss on the official site, why should you pay for it?

seegee said:
How is it with the official forum? As I understand it, it is paid. Only people, who were members of the old forum have membership for free?

As I understand it, there are no free memberships. All members of the old forum had to start paying, or lose their membership. When that happened, a few old IMBBers came here, but most migrated to this site ... where they stole two-thirds of our site name and forum rules without giving any credit.

Back