Can you help me find this Eddie?

image.jpg Please, does anybody know from which concert was that tree Eddie picture taken? Or the gigs that He appeared. All I know is that He is from the beginning of FOTD tour and appeared during The Clairvoyant (as I read).
Thank you very much!

Very cool walk on Eddie that one!

Here is another pic of it:

LtUghX.jpg

Welsh Phantom says in this thread: http://forum.maidenfans.com/threads/fear-of-the-dark-tour-walk-on-eddie.21469/ that the band didn't like the tree Eddie one and replaced it after just a few shows with the other 1992 walk on Eddie that you see on the Donington 1992 video.

Personally I like the tree Eddie much better.

Can you help us getting rid of this Eddie?

The band really communicated this on time, didn't they? ::)

"Oh, err, by the way, we know you have worked for months on this Eddie, but we didn't have the time to give feedback in earlier stages.... and err... well, after a few gigs, we thought this isn't such an... err.. good idea. A new one, please."

(Eh, well they probably had two made, or else they couldn't replace tree Eddie so fast)

Last edited:
I think that 'tree' Eddie looked shit! It looked like it had a rubbish beard and bad hair. :lol: Fairly sure that the one they replaced it with was the walk on Ed from the previous tour.

I think that 'tree' Eddie looked shit! It looked like it had a rubbish beard and bad hair. :lol: Fairly sure that the one they replaced it with was the walk on Ed from the previous tour.

Not so strange with the "hair" and the "beard", it was just a rendition of the Fear of The Dark Eddie.

8107485c.gif

Perhaps they scrapped it because the walk on Eddie was too similar to the big Eddie during "Iron Maiden" on that tour? Just a thought?

And yes, I think they re-used the No Prayer Walk on Eddie for the rest of the tour.

I quite like that Eddie. they did need to 'branch out' (pun, ouch) and do something different in the 90s. Every time I see a tree at dusk it reminds me of this album cover.

On album covers I am definitely "play classics."

Killers, Beast, Powerslave and Live After Death are among the best album covers all-time by anyone.
Somewhere in Time is the best album cover ever.

Fear of the Dark is very cool, their best non-Riggs cover.
Final Frontier, Dance of Death, Virtual XI are their worst, not counting later live/compilation stuff, which is at best unremarkable.

As album covers go, I'd probably go for NOTB these days. It's such an iconic one. (And I thought it was sad when Eddie went bald).

I'd rank Brave New World with the 80s covers. Maybe Eddie isn't such a big deal there but I love the artwork.

Yes, it's there with the second tier of 7th son and Piece of Mind.
The image of eddy coming together in an ominous cloud over an unsuspecting city fit the reunion perfectly.
Very well-executed marketing.

Piece of Mind is definitely my favourite Maiden cover.

I like all the old covers, it'd be impossible to pick a favorite. I'd lean toward NOTB, Piece of Mind, Live After Death. I'm definitely a minimalist though in that even though SIT and Powerslave have stunning covers, they're a little too busy for me so I tend to go for the more simplistic.

I do love the last two album covers though. I don't think they should go back to that 80s cartoon style of Riggs. It worked for the music they were making then, but now I think the more modern looking artwork fits their current music best.

Ugh. Really? TFF was a travesty.

Even Dance of Death was better, because you could at least tell what they were trying to do. The execution is at fault, not the idea. TFF "Eddie" doesn't look remotely like any previous Eddie. It's an abomination.

TFF was the first Maiden album with Eddie artwork so frankly disgusting that I'm too embarassed to wear those t-shirts in public. Sorry, but I see those abominations on a human body, and I think: "what kind of imbecile wears pictures like that?" I've never thought that about any other Eddie.

Back