Bruce's techinique?

iron_beast

Trooper
On Run to the Hills, does he go in falsetto in "Murder for freedom...?"then normal, stab in the back. Then falsetto again: women and children and cowards attack..
I have much problem with that song [!--emo&:howdy:--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/wavey.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'wavey.gif\' /][!--endemo--]

and is it falsetto on the chorous?

His techinique on the chrorous is his ouwn. No oune can sinig liek Bruce deos.

Happy now? [!--emo&:p--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/tongue.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'tongue.gif\' /][!--endemo--]

[!--QuoteBegin-Maverick+Oct 21 2005, 02:43 PM--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE(Maverick @ Oct 21 2005, 02:43 PM)[/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--QuoteEBegin--]His techinique on the chrorous is his ouwn. No oune can sinig liek Bruce deos.

Happy now?  [!--emo&:p--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/tongue.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'tongue.gif\' /][!--endemo--]
[snapback]120837[/snapback]​
[/quote]
Why do you always have to be so contentious Mav? The guy is asking a question because he's in a band and wants information on how to sing a song. You are abviously knowlegable about Maiden, could you not help the guy out in this matter?

Contentious, hey? You know nice words! [!--emo&:p--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/tongue.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'tongue.gif\' /][!--endemo--]

I cannot answer his question, but maybe he'll re-read what he wrote before hitting "enter" next time [!--emo&;)--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/wink.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'wink.gif\' /][!--endemo--] [!--emo&^_^--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/happy.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'happy.gif\' /][!--endemo--]

[!--QuoteBegin-conorsdaman@hotmail.com+Oct 21 2005, 04:51 PM--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE(conorsdaman@hotmail.com @ Oct 21 2005, 04:51 PM)[/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--QuoteEBegin--]Why do you always have to be so contentious Mav?  The guy is asking a question because he's in a band and wants information on how to sing a song.  You are abviously knowlegable about Maiden, could you not help the guy out in this matter?
[snapback]120842[/snapback]​
[/quote]

Damn Conor, its Mav were talking about here.
His first words were 'Spell it properly, asshole'

[a href=\'http://www.answers.com/contentious&r=67\' target=\'_blank\']http://www.answers.com/contentious&r=67[/a]
Now you look like fools.

Hey I-B,

As a singer I can assure you there's not a lot falsetto notes sung by Bruce in any song. He's just blessed with an incredible wide vocal range and therefore simply doesn't need to use falsettos to reach the high notes. He only utilizes them in some really high screams he recorded (i.e. the lead-in vocal sequence on #OTB) and when he's "feeling lucky" on stage. [!--emo&;)--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/wink.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'wink.gif\' /][!--endemo--]

I'm NOT saying that you should not use falsettos when YOU sing Maiden songs: If you need them, use them! But use them well: A good falsetto technique is often overlooked by many singers... It's the first thing you'll damage when not taking good care of your throat (and, of course, your general health) and it will be the last thing to recover when you've wasted it! [!--emo&:eek:--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/ohmy.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'ohmy.gif\' /][!--endemo--] .....

Falsetto training: Find the top-note on your normal (chest) voice, then try to sing as low as possible using your falsetto. Now find the note thats exactly inbetween these high and low notes (you can memorize them using a piano or keyboard). The middle note you found indicates where you should best change to falsetto. In addition to this try to keep as much of your chestvoices character preserved when using falsetto notes (so don't start sounding like a chipmunk all of a sudden). This will make your voice sound more "mature" and it will make it that much harder for your listening audience to distinguish your chestvoice from your falsetto.

Good luck and hopefully my post was usefull to you [!--emo&:)--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/smile.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'smile.gif\' /][!--endemo--]

I'm just curious...

Does he does a falsetto in the last "Aaaaacess HIIIIIIIIIGH !" of the Aces High song or its just his "Godness" that allowed him to have done that ?

That's a definite falsetto!... Even His Vocal Greatness could not have pulled that one off by using merely his Godblessed Powerchest... [!--emo&-_---][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/sleep.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'sleep.gif\' /][!--endemo--]

As is the scream at 8:38 during "Rime of the Ancient Mariner" As it lowers in pitch Bruce almost seemlessly changes into his chest-register.

Well done mr. Dickinson! [!--emo&B)--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/cool.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'cool.gif\' /][!--endemo--]

thanks, it helped me [!--emo&:)--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/smile.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'smile.gif\' /][!--endemo--]

Back