Bruce flying himself to US gigs in very light jet

When did Bruce have a bowl haircut?? Photographic evidence please!

Very early Samson days and in the bands he sang before that. I seem to remember there were some pictures at the Bruce Dickinson Wellbeing Network, but I can certainly remember Bruce discussing getting the haircut himself actually using a bowl. :lol:

I don't care about his hair. I'm more concerned about him growing a moustache again. Bruce, please, DON'T.

Somewhat back on topic: Bruce will be a guest in a local event abour airplanes here in Chile. Tickets to see him will be VERY expensive (as in, 5 times more expensive than a regular Maiden show), since he will be in a meeting intended for businessmen/women. In fact, the media has been very repetitive about how this is NOT a rock and roll event :lol:

This is the same airship that was accused of being a "drone" not so very long ago. Hope they manage to successfully sell it this time.

Good luck HAV!

2016: The Maiden Jules Verne Tour. The band will play from a 21st century zeppelin. It will be one gig. But what a gig.
Not only will it be the biggest gig in the band's history, broadcast in all countries under and near the zep's route, interrupting all major television stations when it flies over; it will also be one uninterrupted gig for the full around the world flight.

Bruce -ambitious as ever- will both fly the airship and sing the bulk of the songs. Bulk? Yes, not all.
In order to fulfill this unbelievable quest, Bruce needs to concentrate on the flying for 100 percent. Special guests will be Paul Di'Anno and Blaze Bayley to take over the mic duties during storms over the oceans, where unfortunately no one will hear what they or other band members are doing. Both gentlemen still have the chance to be heard and to warm up their voices when the flight goes over the Fiji Islands (Di'Anno) and Malta (Bayley). Organizations for special fanclub gatherings called "Hear the Voices of the Past at Last", are already under preparation as we speak.

For this longest concert from their career, the band will delve into their richly filled treasure chest full of both rarely and never played gems.

Steve Harris said that fans should expect wild experimentation. "Sometimes in the past we may have come under fire for being not adventurous enough with our setlists – so we have listened," he said. "From start to finish, the 'Maiden Jules Verne Tour' is 150 plus songs of pure rare MAIDEN metal."

Says Dave Murray: "Now you know why I never made a solo album. All these years I have been practicing for this one setlist, for this one amazing gig."

Adrian Smith: "We fooled everybody for decades. We only stayed conservative on our setlist because we wanted to make our final tour extra special."

Nicko McBrain: "I hope that -if we play loud and high enough- John Bonham will hear us".

Bruce Dickinson: "This is going to be special. Because the gig is so long, I have convinced the band that we need more material to fill it with. After an hour of discussion it was decided that we will also play all my solo material. All songs about travel and aviation in particular (both Maiden and solo) will be saved for the final part of the set."

Janick was not to be found for a comment. It is rumoured that he has been temporarily unavailable after telling his bandmates that the tour should be called The Ultimate Cabaret Tour".

Back