Bruce Dickinson

A message to his old mates from Maiden ?

Math? Maybe I don't have my brain in gear today. Since he has timing issues now and then?

Bruce is saying that it is great to play music with musicians who are less than half his age; the only one who fits that description is Philip Näslund (26 years old, according to different websites). The rest are in their late 30s or in their 40s. :)

Bruce is saying that it is great to play music with musicians who are less than half his age; the only one who fits that description is Philip Näslund (26 years old, according to different websites). The rest are in their late 30s or in their 40s. :)
Bruce has "Done more in [his] life than some do in ten", that tends to make you age faster :p

In 2000 he said the Brave New World album was only the price of a beer.:lol:

I get it now, thank you!
But, oops, maybe he could have slipped in a little compliment for his Maiden colleagues after that statement.
Also, I distinctly remember an interview in which he said that age is all in the mind anyway. Apparently something has made him see that differently now.

From the interview in the article:

Bruce said the album was probably improved by waiting a little bit longer and getting it right. Like some additions to some songs (Wounds, Mirror), more vocals, or the writing of 2 new songs (Afterglow and Many Doors), which I think are needed. He waits for an inspiration for the ideas to happen.
At the same time, a few days ago Roy re-posted one of his interviews for the new album and said that ''simplicity is key for all things''. Well, I don't think this worked for TMP, or for Bruce's and Maiden's music. I think only Bruce really put additional ideas for the songs. I mean, they didn't even developed some of the other written material.
A message to his old mates from Maiden ?
I don't think so. It's noticeable for him to play with younger and energetic musicians, although Maiden are still energetic live as much as possible.

Last edited:
Back