Bruce Dickinson

It's great to see Maiden's page acknowledging BTP album, but Roy's behavior is really odd. Not only tour and album wise.

I think we can safely assume that something bad has happened between him and Bruce. Some forum members wrote that we shouldn't expect Roy to comment on Bruce on social media.
True, but the fact is that he does. And he does it in a very strange way that makes it clear that something is wrong.

We can safely assume something has happened if Roy Z gets sacked from the remixing projects...

... Which he won't be. Sit tight.

So we are sure they don't have any contracts? Bruce can just fire him from the remixing project anytime for some personal reasons?
What if Roy got so furious that he sues? That would be a mud slinging match!

What if Bruce lets him keep working on it so that the situation doesn't escalate completely?
I am just saying that it is not that simple to interpret the fact of his involvement in the mixes.

No setlist changes for the first Brazil show, but there is a big screen now with moving artworks (like TMP cover during Accident) and clips (unusual for Bruce or Maiden; not a fan of that):

I'm cool with it because it's better than nothing, and Bruce had promised. I guess it's because Bruce is recording the shows. He still seems to have a cold, but sounds very good.

Edit: it seems the screen is not used for some songs (like Dragon) and for some songs the camera is showing the band on it. Also, some of them are not thematic, but I like the tower from Ragnarok's video for Book Of Thel and the ones for Abduction/Ragnarok and Alchemist. On the other hand, he really should have used a sun for Navigate.

Last edited:
He was sick during the DoTR show and that's one of the best sounding concerts, once you get a few songs in and his voice warms up. I'm sure 65 year old post-cancer-and-with-a-cold Bruce will be just fine on whatever they decide to record for a show. The bigger concern is....who is producing it?

I think we can safely assume that something bad has happened between him and Bruce. Some forum members wrote that we shouldn't expect Roy to comment on Bruce on social media.
True, but the fact is that he does. And he does it in a very strange way that makes it clear that something is wrong.

I certainly don't believe anymore that everything is normal and they didn't have a falling-out. It is all much too weird for that to be true.

Does someone remeber if Bruce said in his interviews that further people will be involved in the comic project?
If he seriously wants to address the fundamental questions he mentioned as topics of the comics -and it seems he does want that-, I believe he will need help from actual scientists/philosophers etc.

He was sick during the DoTR show and that's one of the best sounding concerts, once you get a few songs in and his voice warms up. I'm sure 65 year old post-cancer-and-with-a-cold Bruce will be just fine on whatever they decide to record for a show. The bigger concern is....who is producing it?

I am sure he will sound great, especially on Frankenstein. :p

Does someone remeber if Bruce said in his interviews that further people will be involved in the comic project?
If he seriously wants to address the fundamental questions he mentioned as topics of the comics -and it seems he does want that-, I believe he will need help from actual scientists/philosophers etc.

I do not think the treatment of the topics will go beyond “conversation at the pub” level.

Bruce trying a motorbike in Curitiba. :)

©Picture by Celso Rocha

View attachment 35873

All the Young Dudes confirmed!!!

bruce-dickinson-all-the-young-dudes-us-promo-cd-single-cd5-csk2145-1120_1024x1024.jpg

Changes were made tonight. Starchildren replaced Laughing In The Hiding Bush yet again, while Jerusalem made an appearance in Tears Of The Dragon's usual spot and TOTD replaced Gods Of War at the end of the main set.
The usual songs in rotation, maybe Bruce won't play more different songs in this leg of the tour...?
Tears Of The Dragon and Jerusalem swapping places is a good work for the flow (after Alchemist or before Resurrection Men). As for the other change, I like both Gods Of War and Laughing more than Starchildren. 5 TCW songs in the set!
I really hope Road To Hell to return to the set (instead of Starchildren). Man Of Sorrows case is also strange. It can replace Gods Of War being a slow song. Or Jerusalem, but that one seems to be a personal favorite of Bruce.
The song is Jerusalem! Kind of a surprising answer.

Back