Bruce Dickinson

What do you think about the setlist?
As now it seems to written in stone and no changes.
I think they sound fine (based on few clips I've seen) and Im so looking forward to finally seeing Bruce's show (been listening to his solos since 1990) in Helsinki.

I haven't followed too closely, but is it confirmed that there will be live dvd and album recorded in some venue?
Bruce has not said so clearly, but there were some rumors about that. And after that long time between the touring for 'The Chemical Wedding' tour and today, it could be logical to film another DVD to celebrate the Bruce's return to his solo career. ;)

Bruce has not said so clearly, but there were some rumors about that. And after that long time between the touring for 'The Chemical Wedding' tour and today, it could be logical to film another DVD to celebrate the Bruce's return to his solo career. ;)
Yep, I agree and this must be good occasion to record and capture something. Even if they had to change guitarist so shortly before the start of the tour, based on the few songs I've seen, they seem to deliver and play pretty good.

giphy[1].gif

He still has to get through Tattooed Million Ale, Bock Of Thel, and Zulu Brewlu first!
As well as "Brewed in '58", Hell On Yeast", "Lickin' The Gruit", "Bitterness Be My Friend", "Lautering in the Hiding Bush", "1000 Points of Malt", "Sacred Carboy", "Change of Hop", "Cask from the Edge", "Taking the Keg", "Accident of Bung", "Welcome To The Punt", "Kilning in Crimson", "Sulfur Wings", "Sour Intruders", "Fingers in the Wort"...

PS I'm not a beer expert at all, I just have two ingredients
1) time to waste 2) this :D

Anyway, that is a good reason to listen to "Fog On The Tyne" again! :)

• Love
Reactions: Jer
Just why is Bruce continuing to follow a passion he has for crafting beer!? He's wasting his time, he should put out an album and tour or something....oh, wait!

Some of you get upset at the silliest things. You don't have to buy/drink the beer. No one is forcing it on you. Let people enjoy things...

Last edited:
Just why is Bruce continuing to follow a passion he has for crafting beer!? He's wasting his time, he should put out an album and tour or something....oh, wait!

Some of you get upset at the silliest things. You don't have to buy/drink the beer. No one is forcing it on you. Let people enjoy things...
I get it, there is a lot of negativity on the forum that I myself get a bit irritated with; it drags you down, but sometimes thingsaren't passive-aggressive, but tongue-in-cheek. This is one of those moments. Nobody was ranting that the beer thing is ridiculous, that it's a rip-off, that he isn't being genuine and that he isn't interested in performing but a quick buck. If that was the nature of the conversation, then I'd side with you. But that's not what's going on.

Last edited:
Meh, I've seen enough actual negative beer comments here prior. The tongue in cheek stuff is fine like you did is fine, I do it too sometimes.

Last edited:
To post a Bruce solo album with the note "Dirty Deeds!", which could be meant as a compliment for the album but some might also interpret it as "Bruce did something bad to me"! Either Roy is super clumsy or he really doesn't care about rumors.
It's great to see Maiden's page acknowledging BTP album, but Roy's behavior is really odd. Not only tour and album wise.
Agree for TCW, Abduction and BTP songs, but disagree about AOB songs. During AOB Bruce had something to prove and went ham with vocals. TCW, despite him being at the beginning of his prime, has easier vocals, probably because the tunings got lower and the overall album was darker (lower vocal lines on purpose).
I wouldn't say so. Bruce said so too. There are some solo songs with difficult high vocal parts like Aquarius (he'll work out it imo, from night to night), Book, Queen, Arc, Trumpets, Soul Intruders, Broken... but Bruce is still amazing live (with the high vocals too, not to mention the stage presence) and will probably need more shows, like with Maiden. They're challenging, but not like some song from the 80's for example (though he sings some 80's songs better now). His vocals are not to worry about for Maiden and his solo. He can always change songs but I guess he won't because they are part of his Hits. Considering everything, Bruce and Rob are the best vocalists for me with their type of singing and catalogue, that's why their voices have changed from their younger days. I'm not saying that other vocalists and bands (Helloween, Manowar) don't have great vocalist or tough songs, but the high vocals of all of them are still there and very good (when they were younger, they were in their prime for this, unless the voice of the vocalist is only high). It's not that you just preserved your voice, it's what you can still do with it live.

On a related note:

Paul's voice in the early days was great, but Bruce is mostly right, especially for the band's future material.

Back