Bruce Dickinson

Let’s hope they are better than what they had been working on between 2005 and 2023!
I like the others too ofc (Shadow, Wounds, Mistress), but I really like the parts and ideas of the 2 songs they wrote in 2023. Ragnarok and Many Doors. Especially the structure of the choruses.

I know I am a married man, but I think I have a bit of a crush on Tanya. She is an awesome bass player and seems really down to earth.

I would like to give her a bouquet of flowers when I go to the concert. You are all experienced concertgoers, I think. Do you have any tips on
how to tackle this? Before or after the show?
Thanks so much!

Doesn't work for me. ;)

It is also linked in this article. Maybe it works if you start from there:

This can be said about many other albums. I don't quite agree with that. It's not a concept album, but you can feel the connection of the songs.
Heavily disagree with that. There's no cohesion or connection in most of the songs in my ears. I'm not saying you are wrong; it's subjective after all. I'm just saying that for me there isn't any cohesion.

Heavily disagree with that. There's no cohesion or connection in most of the songs in my ears. I'm not saying you are wrong; it's subjective after all. I'm just saying that for me there isn't any cohesion.
I lean toward the thought that Bruce probably should have just axed the concept component when Steve stole 'If Eternity Should Fail.' There are only a handful of songs that are tied to the original concept on the album, so it just feels like scraps leftover from a concept that never came to full fruition.

Probably should've just saved whatever big idea he had for the comic series and left it at that...though it doesn't seem there's a lot of interest (at least in here) in the comic. Curious to see if it'll even make it to the full 12 issues. Sales will decide that, I suppose.

Bruce with a mini tour of the rehearsal room. A lot of stuff going on. 12-string acoustic guitar, 2 keytars (red and black, ''good name for a song''), bongos, timbales(!) and another interesting instrument(?)... hmm. I'm ready for surprises.

Bruce with a mini tour of the rehearsal room. A lot of stuff going on. 12-string acoustic guitar, 2 keytars (red and black, ''good name for a song''), bongos, timbales(!) and another interesting instrument(?)... hmm. I'm ready for surprises.

The interesting instrument is a theremin, that wobbly instrument heard in older mystery or horror movies:

^For additional effects for Rain On The Graves, I guess?

Also, timbales - for an unexpected song from BTP album?

I lean toward the thought that Bruce probably should have just axed the concept component when Steve stole 'If Eternity Should Fail.' There are only a handful of songs that are tied to the original concept on the album, so it just feels like scraps leftover from a concept that never came to full fruition.
Probably should've just saved whatever big idea he had for the comic series and left it at that...
It probably would have been better, but Bruce needed the original concept for the comic, which seems really important for him. And because he included Eternity (I love it, but it's the perfect bonus song). Maybe he also didn't want to leave out songs like Resurrection Men and Rain, which seems to be one of his favorites. They wrote many songs for the album, but we don't know how many of the leftovers are with the lyrical theme of the original concept in mind. I guess we'll see for the next album unless Bruce changes them. We know one of them, the song called Nightmares. I really want to hear it. I think it's a traditional metal song. Let's also not forget that Bruce has some more leftovers (~10 songs) from the TOS era.

It probably would have been better, but Bruce needed the original concept for the comic, which seems really important for him. And because he included Eternity (I love it, but it's the perfect bonus song). Maybe he also didn't want to leave out songs like Resurrection Men and Rain, which seems to be one of his favorites. They wrote many songs for the album, but we don't know how many of the leftovers are with the lyrical theme of the original concept in mind. I guess we'll see for the next album unless Bruce changes them. We know one of them, the song called Nightmares. I really want to hear it. I think it's a traditional metal song. Let's also not forget that Bruce has some more leftovers (~10 songs) from the TOS era.
Rain isn't really connected to the concept though. The only explicit connected songs are Eternity, Resurrection Men and Afterglow.

As for Nightmares, there's nothing indicating that the song still exists. By now it might've either been stashed away or even repurposed for newer songs. At some point it's time to let go of something we've only ever heard the name of and have no other information :p

And that's the the root of the problem here, imo. I've got the impression that he was more into comics as a creative outlet instead of the actual album. Which is criminal because primarily Bruce is a musician. I perfectly understand that Bruce wanted to try new things with comics, it's interesting/exciting and all that, but the music and album's concept suffered because of that approach.

I agree with you in that I think Bruce's contribution in the field of music is more important than in the field of comics or even in the field of scientific or philosophical discussions, which as far as I've read are addressed in the comic.
I'm happy to admit I was wrong if he has a relevant contribution to make, but at the moment I doubt it.

Back