Bruce Dickinson

Bruce Dickinson about his solo tour:

"For me, the whole essence of this is letting the music do the talking, let the music do the storytelling," he explained. "And so I'm not planning on having monsters or pyro or any of that stuff. There will be a screen, and, of course, we'll have a lot of stuff to put on it because we've got a great director and he'll be able to give us some content. But even then, I'm not going to have a show that's choreographed to like a time code or a click track or something else like that. This is gonna be a show where the music and the musicians take the story to people. So, I'm not thinking 2002, I'm not thinking 1982. I'm thinking 1972."

When he's touring with Maiden and he's asked why they don't include screens on the stage or something different. and his answer is: Because we don't believe in those technologies and whatever. we'd love to do teathrical kind of show with backdrops…

This guy is cynicism in person

"For me, the whole essence of this is letting the music do the talking, let the music do the storytelling," he explained. "And so I'm not planning on having monsters or pyro or any of that stuff. There will be a screen, and, of course, we'll have a lot of stuff to put on it because we've got a great director and he'll be able to give us some content. But even then, I'm not going to have a show that's choreographed to like a time code or a click track or something else like that. This is gonna be a show where the music and the musicians take the story to people. So, I'm not thinking 2002, I'm not thinking 1982. I'm thinking 1972."
"...and in 2025, we will take it a step further. The tour will be stylised after The Beatles' performance on Ed Sullivan in 1964. Basic choreography. 0 colour. Just a grey screen with some patterns on it. No animation, because we don't believe in moving pictures and whatever. Short straps on guitars. And drummer on a stupidly high drum riser."

Bruce can just about now manage talking about his solo career without taking subtle digs at his Maiden day job.

He's come a long way since 1994!!!

I expect Bruce is considering how to ramp up his solo career in the gaps between Maiden activity. Or with an eye on 2025, when he will be 'just' 66 / 67 years old, youngest in Maiden, and Maiden might be winding down as Harris approaches 70.

Bruce Dickinson about his solo tour:

When he's touring with Maiden and he's asked why they don't include screens on the stage or something different. and his answer is: Because we don't believe in those technologies and whatever. we'd love to do teathrical kind of show with backdrops…

This guy is cynicism in person
I remember him taking a piss at Rob Halford a few years ago for using a teleprompter at live shows. Like mind your own business dude.

The 2nd comic issue is out. The cover was promised to be amazing(?) and will each of them include a hand.../The idea is cool, but the execution could have been more refined. It reminds me of the video for Abduction.

Attachments

• tmp comic 2.jpg
    tmp comic 2.jpg
    170.7 KB · Views: 13
No worries, he'll focus on delivering auditory atrocities like Resurrection Men :D
It's exaggerated.
Ok the first verses are weird and almost out of tune. And if we are meticulous, we can say that the chorus is a little repetitive and the transition with the Black Sabbath Part is not perfect, but the rest is good, even very good.
I am sure that this song will be a killer live.

I expect Bruce is considering how to ramp up his solo career in the gaps between Maiden activity. Or with an eye on 2025, when he will be 'just' 66 / 67 years old, youngest in Maiden, and Maiden might be winding down as Harris approaches 70.
What I find interesting is that he's said he knows what Maiden's plans are up through 2026...and suddenly he's resurrecting his solo career and hitting it pretty hard with touring this year and next, AND pre-hyping another solo album that's in the works. One could interpret that as him knowing that Maiden is nearing an as-yet unannounced end of the road, but he isn't quite ready to hang it all up.

What I find interesting is that he's said he knows what Maiden's plans are up through 2026...and suddenly he's resurrecting his solo career and hitting it pretty hard with touring this year and next, AND pre-hyping another solo album that's in the works. One could interpret that as him knowing that Maiden is nearing an as-yet unannounced end of the road, but he isn't quite ready to hang it all up.
I think you're right. 3 years, that's what's left.

It's exaggerated.
Ok the first verses are weird and almost out of tune. And if we are meticulous, we can say that the chorus is a little repetitive and the transition with the Black Sabbath Part is not perfect, but the rest is good, even very good.
I am sure that this song will be a killer live.
Opinions and all that. It's by far my least favorite of the album and a massive disappointment. I'd rather listen to The Apparition than having to endure Resurrection Men.

Back