Bruce Dickinson

But they removed part of his tongue, which is vital to talking and singing so...
Not true. Bruce didn't undergo a surgery. His treatment was chemo and radiation.

That said, he had some teeth removed because of the radiation and that might be the cause for the lisp.

Not true. Bruce didn't undergo a surgery. His treatment was chemo and radiation.

That said, he had some teeth removed because of the radiation and that might be the cause for the lisp.
Right. Yeah, I misremembered.

He has slight lisp since cancer treatment so that's was expected.
I'm aware and he still sounds great despite that. I'm specifically talking about his highest range, where a combination of age, health, but also enormous strain leads to his singing being quite unclear. He sounds phenomenal on the verses and the chorus, it's the post-solo section that I dislike.

You can’t wait 100 minutes?
Honestly, I get your point, but with how unpredictable life can be and how life has shown us in the last few years you never know if you'll even be there in a month, a week, or a "100 minutes" to enjoy a song by one of your favorite artists. I've stopped taking life for granted and I'd rather listen to a leak and hopefully make it to the official release as well.

But they removed part of his tongue, which is vital to talking and singing so, he and we are really lucky they didn’t have to remove even more of the tongue. Then he’d probably not be singing at all.

What part of the tongue did they remove? There was no surgery involved in his cancer treatment (it was a combination of radiotherapy and chemotherapy).

Edit: I have just seen that @matic22 has already pointed this out. The lisp could be a result of the lack of saliva post cancer treatment.

Honestly, I get your point, but with how unpredictable life can be and how life has shown us in the last few years you never know if you'll even be there in a month, a week, or a "100 minutes" to enjoy a song by one of your favorite artists. I've stopped taking life for granted and I'd rather listen to a leak and hopefully make it to the official release as well.
I'd like to listen to it now so I'll be able to listen some 10 times and then go to sleep...

I’ve honestly been impressed with how well Bruce has stayed in his singing form in spite of the obvious lisp he now struggles with. A lot of people dogged on him during his book tour but his live performances with Maiden last year were incredible. I think he’s still the best singer to emerge from the ‘80s metal scene.

I’m gonna wait till the video drops but I’m excited for the track. What I heard in the snippets didn’t blow me away production wise but Bruce’s track record is strong and I’m expecting a quality track that may not blow me away but will hold me over till the album comes in. With a cheesy as shit music video to boot!

Back