Bruce Dickinson

I think I’d give the next maiden album to Roy Z to produce. The sound on Ragnarok is freaking smooth.
I agree. It sounds like his best studio production, although I like all of his album productions. It's a modern sound, so maybe Steve won't like it. Adrian will, I guess. Roy should be able to reach a consensus with Steve, at least for the sound. Dunno. Btw, it has an AMOLAD production vibe, right?

Something we missed - at the end of the short teaser it says: ''the motion picture short''; So not only comics?

I agree. It sounds like his best studio production, although I like all of his album productions. It's a modern sound, so maybe Steve won't like it. Adrian will, I guess. Roy should be able to reach a consensus with Steve, at least for the sound. Dunno. Btw, it has an AMOLAD production vibe, right?

Something we missed - at the end of the short teaser it says: ''the motion picture short''; So not only comics?
The video itself is a motion picture short, as was TWOTW, but animated.

This one has actors and seems full of special effects and CGI.

Wouldn’t say AMOLAD. AMOLAD has a thicker sound. The drums on this sound amazing. It’s got a very classic metal feel to it but in a more refined form. Curious to hear how the vocals have been produced. Later tonight though. So far, of all his albums I feel Tyranny has the best production. Chemical Wedding and AOB wasn’t a fan of the drum sound. TM was pretty good - a more classic rock feel. BTP - again was very mediocre and Skunkworks was just an alt rock production.

Not a huge fan of the guitar sound on this one. Sounds a bit too thin for my tastes, though AOB didn't have the greatest either but sounded great as a whole. What we've heard of the general production sounds good and definitely better than the last few Maiden releases, so I'm mostly happy.

Wouldn’t say AMOLAD. AMOLAD has a thicker sound. The drums on this sound amazing. It’s got a very classic metal feel to it but in a more refined form. Curious to hear how the vocals have been produced. Later tonight though. So far, of all his albums I feel Tyranny has the best production. Chemical Wedding and AOB wasn’t a fan of the drum sound. TM was pretty good - a more classic rock feel. BTP - again was very mediocre and Skunkworks was just an alt rock production.
A bit like it. The drums and the guitars indeed sound great; classic refined metal feel. The vocals should also be produced well.

TOS, TCW (I like the drum sound) and TM have great productions. They fit best. Skunkworks too. BTP is the one I like the least, still not bad, the solos sound is great. AOB has a cool rough sound, I like it quite a lot (especially the riffs), but the drum sound and some solos sound (Roy's one in The Magician) could have been better for sure.

Well I may be in the minority based on all of these replies here, but I freaking LOVE everything about the song so far! The sound, the riff, the drums and even the concept. Just few more hours...

Thanks for sharing that. Not a bad song, although it did not set my pulse racing...

That being said, I am listening to the song on headphones and I am not sure about the production. It sounds as if Bruce is singing in a different postcode than the one where Roy Z is playing!

Thoughts after second listen. I hope the sound quality will improve, when the song will be uploaded on the official channel. If no.... :(
Imo, this song is nowhere near AOB/TCW/TOS quality. No great hook here. Bruce is burried in the mix. I noticed that even on his solo material Bruce is straining and struggling on some parts. A huge disappoinment for me. (Still want to hear how it will sound 'officially', if the mix will be clearer, maybe my opinion will change)
I don't know why, but I got the impression that this song leans more to Skunkworks era. Maybe it's just wrong assumption.

Not gonna deny this song takes multiple listens for you to like. Won’t be a love at first sight kinda thing. But I think Bruce sounds pretty good here.

Thanks for sharing that. Not a bad song, although it did not set my pulse racing...
My initial reaction was more positive than that. What I heard was good, and I liked the main riff, the songwriting twists, and a number of the vocal melodies a lot. The singing sounded a bit off the rhythm in a few places, and not all the melodies hit me the first time through, but I suspect this will be a bit of a grower in the way that The Chemical Wedding was.

My initial reaction was more positive than that. What I heard was good, and I liked the main riff, the songwriting twists, and a number of the vocal melodies a lot. The singing sounded a bit off the rhythm in a few places, and not all the melodies hit me the first time through, but I suspect this will be a bit of a grower in the way that The Chemical Wedding was.

I beg to differ here. The Chemical Wedding impressed me from day 1. :edmetal: :edmetal: :edmetal:

Impressions after the first listen:

Generally mostly positive. We are missing the last 45 seconds which includes the quasi-growling vocal effects. The fears of many were unfounded (no surprise there).
Bruce sounds so much younger and much better than basically the entirety of Senjutsu. Except the post solo section where he strains to hell and back, which sounds genuinely bad. Seriously Bruce, cut that shit out, no one wants to hear that.

Other than that I'll have to get used to the chorus, which sounds a bit too early 2000's alternative rock to me; not a fan.
The production is okay, but not as good as it should've been. At least it's not TBOS/SNJ tier.

Curious to see how the rest is going to sound like

Back