Bruce Dickinson

Well, after Bruce's speaking gig in Levi yesterday, there are rumours flying around that there is a possibility of a Helsinki show. I hope that happens.
what did you hear? i was planning to buy a ticket tomorrow but i was really hoping for a helsinki show so maybe i have to wait a little longer

what did you hear? i was planning to buy a ticket tomorrow but i was really hoping for a helsinki show so maybe i have to wait a little longer
He didn't say anything to the audience, but couple of other sources claim that Helsinki is in the works. I hope they don't mix it with cancelled Hyvinkää Rockfest(they couldn't get enough huge airfield-filling acts), where he was apparently booked. (Which is near Helsinki.) Maybe they are trying to make something else work, Bruce must know his popularity here in Finland, and it would be strange not to visit here after all these years since Tuska festival.

Last edited:
You're confusing me even more. How Mike Oldfield's song is relevant to Bruce? :help:

Now my answer is: On Mike Oldfield's album Tubular Bells :p
I think it was either Rock in Rio or Ullevi concert, where Bruce, while introducing the band during one of the last songs, introduced (I think) Adrian as a slightly distorted guitar, which is super obviously a nod to Mike Oldfield.
Being an Oldfield fan and hearing it so unexpectedly made me so so so happy.

I think it was either Rock in Rio or Ullevi concert, where Bruce, while introducing the band during one of the last songs, introduced (I think) Adrian as a slightly distorted guitar, which is super obviously a nod to Mike Oldfield.
Being an Oldfield fan and hearing it so unexpectedly made me so so so happy.
I definitely like Mike Oldfield's music. Without deep diving into his catalogue, my favorites are The Songs of Distant Earth and Voyager albums. Moonlight Shadow is a classic and Heaven's Open song I like. That's from the top of my head. Also this song/performance is SOMETHING in my book :D

P.S. Oh, and Enya is GREAT.

Last edited:

Apparently Bruce has confirmed that there will be show in Finland, announcement possibly next week.
Good and that's precisely what I was expecting. It would have seem really odd if he had skipped Finland on the tour.

Some news sites should think about improving their quality control!

Accurate translation:

"Fans of Iron Maiden can once again look forward to spectacular live performances. The band with its members Bruce Dickinson, Steve Harris, Dave Murray, Janick Gers, Adrian Smith and Nicko McBrain is going on tour with "Bruce Dickinson - The Mandrake Project Live 2024". Find out all the details about the tour dates in the following overview..."

:D

https://www.news.de/promis/85675620...uftritte-in-berlin-hamburg-muenchen-und-co/1/

It is strange. I've always gotten guitar gear ads, but as of late this:
Untitled 1-1.jpg

And it's certainly not because I'm now browsing other sites myself, because I am not doing that.

Back