Bruce Dickinson

Found this on the FC forum:

Afterglow of Ragnarok single. Release date: December 1st.
Wow. The song's title grabbed my attention. Bruce had never explored this topic before. With such titles, I'm really curious about the album cover. An early Christmas present!
If Bruce is releasing a proper single and Maiden haven't since 2007 I'm going to be fuming.
Indeed haha.

I hope not too, don't think he's big enough to headline and I want to see a full set.

If he's doing festivals then I hope it's in conjunction with headline shows. I'll certainly travel, probably to more than one show, but it will b disappointing if it's only 45 min sets.

EDIT: just realised he could headline smaller stages, that would be alright

I hope not too, don't think he's big enough to headline and I want to see a full set.

If he's doing festivals then I hope it's in conjunction with headline shows. I'll certainly travel, probably to more than one show, but it will b disappointing if it's only 45 min sets.

I definitely will not be travelling to a festival to see him. Did that in 1997, so this time round I would prefer to see him at a headline gig outside a festival.

Last edited:

I could see him headlining the 3rd stage at Download or something along those lines, would much rather see him play a (relative to Maiden) small venue though!

Regarding Mandrake is more than just music. I also think a new beer will come, possibly also a bunch of music videos (we all know Bruce love to create/act in these), maybe some unique merchandise. A own Patreon site. A book or novel is not unlikely as well. More talkshows is also a possibility. Kinda like it’s own universe

If Afterglow Of Ragnarok is real, then we've got Norse, Greek (the letters in the promotional material) and Mesoamerican (Pyramids) influences already + an apparent sci-fi theme. Kinda feels like Bruce's attempt at something like the Something Wicked Saga.

How do you figure? Those dates are a week before Download.

Same question.

I would be incredibly surprised if Bruce did his solo shows and, with little to no rest and no rehearsals time, joined a Maiden tour.

My assumption of Bruxit being booked to play at Download stems from Andy Copping and Rod being in very good terms. I would not be surprised if they had an agreement of "Bruce plays there in 2024 and Maiden will headline in 2025".

Back