Bruce Dickinson

Wow! Great news! Considering the songwriting shape he's been in since at least Accident and considering Eternity was supposed to be there (still one of my favourites off TBOS), it's definitely going to be a treat!

Well, unfortunately it still doesn't mean the album is coming any soon... I don't think he'll record it sooner than after the upcoming tour. I'd say a 2018 release is likely. Can't wait, though!

WOW!!! This was quite unexpected! This announcement almost deserves its own thread since there might be members on here who could miss this.

Has Roy Z even made any recent comments on the matter? I always assumed he has zero input into the writing (at this stage) and only contributes when they get to the studio.

Last edited:
I'm struggling to remembering all the rumours and revelations previously. I remember something cryptic on Roy Z's Facebook page, in 2014 I think it was, suggesting (or interpreted by many as) Bruce's album being shelved. I've had a look on it and there's not much there now, although he posted If Eternity Should Fail recently, saying what a great song it is.

Yeah he posted the link to the song on Youtube then commented..."Great song!!! ;)" with an added wink as if to imply: "of course it's great when I wrote it" :p

There were comments to that effect, then a member of this forum posted the evidence for the counter-argument. ;)

Roy Z was here in Brazil last september and did an interview. He said Bruce and him started to do a new album, but the plans changed because Bruce started working with Maiden on TBOS. Roy also said that he doesn't know if the six finished songs that Bruce mentioned on a interview are the same six they did together, because Bruce didn't mentioned Roy's name. Anyway, I hope we get a new Bruce album by 2017. Maybe at the end of 2016, it would be great. And I also hope it's a concept album, like Bruce mentioned on a previous interview.

Maybe what Bruce should do is convert part of Ed Force One to a mobile recording studio.

Back