Bruce Dickinson

Didn't hear a mistake. Can you point it out in this vid?
5'33-5'36 while Bruce is singing "And who we were before..."; it just seems like Roy Z plays the wrong tone, and then tries to bend it in order to get away with it...

Or it's clashing with Bruce's melody somehow, but in either case it just sounds wrong to my ears.

Bruce had a close call here!
According to The Bucks Herald, IRON MAIDEN lead singer Bruce Dickinson made a surprise landing at RAF Halton this week when his plane started to run low on fuel.

Dickinson was piloting a replica Fokker Dr1 triplane when he diverted his plane into Halton, which is said to be one of the largest Royal Air Force stations in the United Kingdom.

Squadron leader Gary Coleman, officer commanding operations squadron at RAF Halton, said: "We applaud Bruce Dickinson’s decision to divert to RAF Halton rather than press to his destination with potentially low fuel.

"To see such a well-regarded pilot, and world-renowned rock singer, make this decision is great for our student pilots to see.

"It makes them realise that anyone can find themselves low on fuel due to unforeseen circumstances and that the right decision is to divert.

"He really does have a magnificent Fokker Triplane, so it was a pleasure to provide it with a home for a few nights until we sent him on his way."

After the sad death of John Day, who owned and built this replica Fokker Dr1 aircraft, it was bought by Dickinson, who holds the coveted Air Transport Pilots' Licence and has around 7,000 flying hours under his belt.

Bruce said: "Aeroplanes started at the age of five with my godfather, in the RAF during the siege of Malta and one of 'Trenchard's apprentices.' My uncle was RAF and also an engineer.

"Until age 30 plastic aeroplanes and Biggles was as far as I got. Rubbish at maths and physics, I talked myself out of applying to the RAF and nearly joined the Army. Luckily for the U.K. military, I became a rock singer instead.

"I started actually flying at the ripe old age of 30. 7,000 hours later, I finished up as a Boeing 757 captain and 737 instructor.

"Luckily, the aircraft design I fly is still older than me, but the gap is closing.

"In my spare time, I sing a bit, own a company that fixes airliners and am trying to bring airships back into the skies. Actually, I should have been born in 1898, not 1958. C'est la vie."

Just saw this video. A great presentation by Bruce, talking about creativity, and about his air ship project (he even talks a little about the Chemical Wedding movie). Really worth seeing! :)

Last edited:
Not sure if this one is his business (not sure how to look at this) but he sure helps others and himself as well. The man has so much passion for aviation.

He's involved in several aviation businesses to varying degrees from what I've read. I'm not sure he owns anything outright, but is a partner or investor in quite a few ventures, and endorses others as a great figure to have involved from a marketing point of view. I think he sees the aviation industry as a forward-looking, expanding industry, presenting so many different opportunities for aviation-related business and employment. Personally I think it's good to see. So many investors bury their money in property or 'safe' investments, he encourages people to put money into something that stimulates the economy.

I don't see how this is "selling out". If jets were branded to Iron Maiden, then yeah it would be selling out, big time.

But these are private jets, of course they're going to be out of the price range of any average Joe. Also, Bruce has been involved in Cardiff Aviation for years, so I really don't know why this such as shock to some people.

I hadn't listened to Scream For Me Brazil in quite a bit so I threw it on today. It is my favourite live album of all time. There is something magical and powerful about the songs and performances. For me with the exception of Killing Floor none of the studio versions of these songs can even compare.

Yeah, I agree it's a great live album, but some of the magic is somewhat diminished by the fact that a lot of the parts were probably re-recorded in studio.

Back