BRUCE DICKINSON SURVIVOR 2016: Results -> Darkside Of Aquarius wins!

Satisfied with the results?

• Total voters
Round 26:

Top 10
The Tower
08. The Alchemist
09. Accident Of Birth
10. Kill Devil Hill

I like Trumpets too. Lowest string is an A, yes (don't know about the other strings). However I'd prefer it to be B, because B is more interesting, generally 'heavier' and smells more like death. Fact.

Btw, the walls that 'still remain' in the lyrics obviously refer to the biblical walls at judgement day. But imo they are also about the same walls that Bruce thought were 'crumbling' in the lyrics to Tears Of The Dragon.
Would've liked to have heard Adrian try a 7 string. The low B is there by default and can easily be dropped to A. Could do some interesting alternate tunings too, like ADADGBE.

Chemical
Jerusalem

Did Omega ever get this far before? I love that song; very underrated. It's on course to win it right now but I honestly think it should go to Aquarius or Thel. Didn't Aquarius win the last survivor?

I like Trumpets too. Lowest string is an A, yes (don't know about the other strings). However I'd prefer it to be B, because B is more interesting, generally 'heavier' and smells more like death. Fact.

Would've liked to have heard Adrian try a 7 string. The low B is there by default and can easily be dropped to A. Could do some interesting alternate tunings too, like ADADGBE.

How about tuning a 7-string down a half step to Bm? That's my favorite key. As a 6-string bass player I think dropping the low B down a half step would still be audible, but any lower and it's just mush.

Speaking of alternate tunings, the title track on Opeth's latest album uses AADGBE. Sounds pretty cool, too. Never heard that done before.

Did Omega ever get this far before? I love that song; very underrated. It's on course to win it right now but I honestly think it should go to Aquarius or Thel. Didn't Aquarius win the last survivor?

Omega has charted at #3 in every survivor except 2010.

2014 results:
1: Darkside of Aquarius
2: Book of Thel
3: Omega
4: Tears of the Dragon
5: Jerusalem
6: The Tower
7 Chemical Wedding
8: The Alchemist
9: King In Crimson
10: Navigate the Seas of the Sun

2012 results:
1 (tie). Darkside of Aquarius
1 (tie). Jerusalem
3. Omega
4. Tears of the Dragon
5. The Tower
6. Chemical Wedding
7. Book of Thel
8. Kill Devil Hill
9. King in Crimson
10. Navigate the Seas of the Sun

2010 results:
1. Book of Thel
2. Darkside of Aquarius
3. Jerusalem
4. Silver Wings
5. Chemical Wedding
6. The Tower
7. The Alchemist
8. Navigate The Seas Of The Sun
9. Omega
10. King In Crimson

2009 results:
1. Book Of Thel
2. Darkside Of Aquarius
3. Omega
4. Chemical Wedding
5. Tears Of The Dragon
6. King In Crimson
7. The Tower
8. Accident Of Birth
9. Jerusalem
10. Silver Wings

There's an obvious favorite 8 songs no matter the year with a couple of the same outliers coming and going (Accident, Silver Wings, KDH and Navigate).

How about tuning a 7-string down a half step to Bm? That's my favorite key. As a 6-string bass player I think dropping the low B down a half step would still be audible, but any lower and it's just mush.

Speaking of alternate tunings, the title track on Opeth's latest album uses AADGBE. Sounds pretty cool, too. Never heard that done before.
7 string tuned down a half step is how I play Panic Attack and Wither by Dream Theater. Not sure why JP doesn't do that too instead of using a baritone guitar. Definitely something I'd like to ask him if given the opportunity.

Stacked Actors by Foo Fighters uses AADGBE. It is a cool sound.

Round 27:

Top 10
Tears Of The Dragon
07. The Tower
08. The Alchemist
09. Accident Of Birth
10. Kill Devil Hill

You know, it won't, but I really want to see Chemical Wedding go the distance this year.

Back