1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Bruce at his best?

Discussion in 'Commentary Discussion' started by CrimsonEmotions, Oct 2, 2015.

1. CrimsonEmotions

CrimsonEmotions Invader

So which IM songs do you think reflect Bruce's best vocal performances?

I always appreciate it when Bruce's vocals soar, making the music just that much better. So, here are some of my favorite performances:

Hallowed Be Thy Name: A true classic, one that never gets old:

Revelations: This was not a song I particularly enjoyed, but the more I hear it, the more I can appreciate it, particularly Bruce's performance.

Aces High: Bruce does a great job of alternating with the fierce pre-chorus and the soaring chorus.

Infinite Dreams: It was a shame that IM didn't bring this song back on the Maiden England tour, because it was one of the highlights of the 7th Son album.

Wasting Love: Easily in my top five of IM songs. Bruce delivers passion that is unmatched by anyone.

Sign of the Cross; Of course Blaze did this song on the studio, but Bruce sounded awesome performing this one live.

Paschendale: One of IM"s best epics, this features the band at its epic best, and I never fail to get chills when Bruce sings the lyric "Blood is falling just like rain" or the anthemetic refrain "Home far away.."

Out of the Shadows: Bruce at his soaring best, this is truly an underrated song.

Empire of the Clouds: A new classic, it's a shame that we likely won't see this song live.

2. Brigantium

Brigantium Work Geordie for hire Staff Member

Do you mean the studio versions of each song?

3. CrimsonEmotions

CrimsonEmotions Invader

Either studio or live, whichever you prefer

4. Brigantium

Brigantium Work Geordie for hire Staff Member

I think his voice was at its best from about CW to about BNW period, waning slightly by DoD, but I'll have to listen again to the studio vocal performances of the same period.

Mosh likes this.
  5. Poto

Poto Educated Fool

Hallowed Be Thy Name
    Where Eagles Dare
    Aces High
    Infinite Dreams
    The Longest Day