Blind Guardian

Hadn't seen NP's post until now. Excited for the new release. This appears to be the "classical" album they've been planning for years. Curious to see how much of it is truly metal and how much is classical/orchestral/choral. Hopefully it will be reminiscent of "Sacred Worlds."

Yeah have to agree with NP here. Songs is pretty good, but the production / sound is pretty bad.

That guy doing the lyric videos for Nuclear Blast is my new definition of a one-trick pony.

I'm not sure how I like the song, though. It sounds very disjointed and complex for the sake of complexity. It's almost as if they had it underlain with a completely unrelated drum track. This sort of thing is cool if the song is given space to develop, but it just doesn't work for a five-minute single.

This is pretty sweet.
Oh come ON, that has GOT to be a goof. LMAO.

Agree with Perun, there are some interesting ideas in that track, but they are crammed together in a fashion -- "disjointed" is a good word -- that leaves me exhausted. It's too much. Which is saying something for Blind Guardian. Sounds like a track from A Night at the Opera, but on crystal meth.

I disagree. I think each album has had its own feel to it. They haven't changed by a super huge amount, but I wouldn't want that. Look at the direction bands like Metallica and Queensryche went in. For power metal, BG still remains as one of the best bands out there. I feel the same way about Sabaton. They've pretty much maintained the same sound and style on all their albums, but it's always so amazing to hear.

Back