Blaze - Alive in Poland

Ranko

I'll shoot the gunner first!
I've just seen some of the live footage from the Alive In Poland DVD, you can find it on YouTube. The drummer that played there really sucks (he was also sacked sometime after the release of the DVD), he's really sloppy and nowhere near the majestic talent and skill of Jeff Singer. As for the guitarists, Rich Newport and Nico Bermudez did a fair performance, as did David Bermudez on the bass. I'd even say that Nico has a better feeling than Rich, because Rich tries too hard to play Wray and Slater's solos, and he isn't as skilled, so the solos sometimes sound a bit sloppy.

The Ten Seconds excerpt showcases all of this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YywHaZovLLs .

What's your opinion about this?

Rich seems to cave in on pressure during certain bits, such as his bit with Silicon Messiah, where he made a few mistakes here and there....but otherwise I think hes a solid guitarist, not the best, but he does perform.
The Bermudez brothers are great, especially Dave who looks like hes having a whale of a time.
Yeah, the drummer is not into it at all. Thats all I can really say about him - he just doesnt seem to be putting his heart and soul into it.

and then theres Blaze.......Ill give him top marks for effort. His vocal performance is great too. His only minus points is his un-necessary swearing.

Overall, a solid performance with a few mistakes here and there but nothing really bad. Obviously its not up there with Rock In Rio, Live After Death or Scream for me Brazil.
Meh, just meh.

It's not up there with As Live As It Gets either, which should also be "up there" with RiR, LAD and SFMB. :D Too bad that ALAIG wasn't filmed, it would have been one kickass DVD.

BTW, the video version of SFM Brazil isn't on par with the audio album, the sound is much worse.

gulranek said:
BTW, the video version of SFM Brazil isn't on par with the audio album, the sound is much worse.

Yeah, I know, that was the one I was referring to, the sound quality is understandable because of the fact it was taken from the gig's screens rather than being specifically filmed for video. But, rating it compared to other Maiden-related videos, its pretty damn good.

gulranek said:
Also a shame that they didn't have the songs 'Trumpets of jericho' or 'chemical wedding' on the DVD, since they were on the CD, nut oh well.............

Back