Black Sabbath

Not sure if or how any of you know/like Forbidden, but for already 4(!) years, there's this rough mix online. Interesting to compare, but also a fun listen by itself!
I'm into the first couple of songs. It is all without vocals. Rough indeed but it sounds great. :shred:

And check out this amazing jewel! I never realized that Cozy was involved with Dehumanizer!
Black Sabbath - Dehumanizer Rehearsals - Full

Interesting to hear some of the riffs that didn't end up getting used. Also not two songs that didn't make the album.

Drums: Cozy Powell,
Vocals: Ronnie James Dio,
Bass: Geezer Butler,
Guitar: Tony Iommi
Partial tracks info:
(CD1)
Track 01.MP3
Track 02.MP3
Track 03.MP3
Track 04.MP3
Track 05.MP3
Track 06.MP3
Track 07.MP3
Track 08.MP3
Track 09.MP3
Track 10.MP3
Track 11.MP3
Track 12.MP3

(CD2)
01 Computer God.mp3
02 Master Of Insanity.mp3
03 Master Of Insanity.mp3
04 Letters From Earth.mp3
05 Bad Blood.mp3
06 The Next Time (Take 1).mp3
07 The Next Time (Take 2).mp3
08 The Next Time (Take 3).mp3
09 The Next Time (Take 4).mp3
10 The Next Time (Take 5).mp3

(CD3)
01 Computer God (Take 1).mp3
02 Computer God (Take 2).mp3
03 Conversation 1 (Powell & Dio).mp3
04 Computer God (Take 3) (With Vocals).mp3
05 Computer God (Take 4).mp3
06 Computer God (Take 5).mp3
07 Computer God (Take 6).mp3
08 Unknown Instrumental 1.mp3
09 Unknown Instrumental 2.mp3
10 Unknown Instrumental 3.mp3
11 Unknown Instrumental 4.mp3
12 Conversation 2 (Powell & Dio).mp3
13 Unknown (With Vocals).mp3
Around 1:29:00 there's another singer, according to a YouTube user it's Carl Sentence. Also check out that guitar solo. That's absolutely not Tony Iommi! Maybe Sabbath bought (/used) this song from another band and that's why it ended up on these tapes.

Last edited:
He's probably just getting some head space after the split, I'm sure he'll turn up eventually.

Let's just hope he won't be the next victim of 2016.

He's been found, alive (questionable sometimes), walking his dog. Nothing to worry about, folks.

ozzy-osbourne-spotted-after-reports-hed-gone-missing-03.jpg

http://www.metalinjection.net/gossip/ozzy-osborune-has-apparently-gone-missing

I'm into all the Sabbath albums. I wish the Technical Ecstacy and Never Say Die albums would get more attention. They are criminally under rated. Born Again is an awesome but it needs a better mix. Seventh Star and the Tony Martin era are also sadly under rated. Headless Cross, The Eternal Idol, and Tyr are awesome albums! I hope I will have an opportunity to see Tony Martin live someday. I also enjoyed The Eternal Idol with Ray Gillen on vocals. The Dio albums are some of my favorite albums of all time in rock and metal. I'm still sad because he's not with us anymore. :goodbye: I'm grateful that I had the opportunity of seeing him in his own band with the late great Jimmy Bain three times and in Heaven and Hell twice

That actually looks good, too bad it isn't a tour.​

Wow...I would absolutely spring the insane amount of money to go to this if I still lived in California. Either of those fests on their own, meh, but the combination of bands is too damn good to turn down.

- Black Sabbath, Megadeth, Opeth, BLS, Amon Amarth, Sabaton, Trivium....all in one weekend? This is like heavy metal Woodstock.

Not to mention, with Deth, Slayer, and Anthrax all one gig you've basically got a Big Four concert with Sabbath replacing 'Tallica.

LPs with Ozzy only printed lyrics with every other release?

Paranoid - no
Master of Reality - yes (back cover)
Vol 4 - no (insane! with the thick booklet included with the vinyl, there was plenty of room to print lyrics but I don't think they did)
Sabbath Bloody Sabbath - yes (separate lyric insert)
Sabotage - no
Technical Ecstasy - yes (inner sleeve)
Never Say Die - no

Like my buddy said, were they trying to be funny or just too drugged out to care or notice?

Coincidentally, I found a copy of Sabbath Bloody Sabbath today that included the insert! Usually that stuff is missing in used copies.

Podcast with Vinnie Appice. Vinnie mentions the influence of producer & management (why he wasn't asked for the album, or why Bill Ward wasn't part of the final tour).

Black Sabbath was awesome when I saw them about three weeks ago on August 25th. It was literally sold out all the way to the lawn section and the crowd was nuts and I was going nuts too. A great way to end the summer before going back to work with a great heavy metal/rock and roll memory :rocker:

Not sure if or how any of you know/like Forbidden, but for already 4(!) years, there's this rough mix online. Interesting to compare, but also a fun listen by itself!
I'm into the first couple of songs. It is all without vocals. Rough indeed but it sounds great. :shred:

And check out this amazing jewel! I never realized that Cozy was involved with Dehumanizer!
Black Sabbath - Dehumanizer Rehearsals - Full

Interesting to hear some of the riffs that didn't end up getting used. Also not two songs that didn't make the album.

Drums: Cozy Powell,
Vocals: Ronnie James Dio,
Bass: Geezer Butler,
Guitar: Tony Iommi
Partial tracks info:
(CD1)
Track 01.MP3
Track 02.MP3
Track 03.MP3
Track 04.MP3
Track 05.MP3
Track 06.MP3
Track 07.MP3
Track 08.MP3
Track 09.MP3
Track 10.MP3
Track 11.MP3
Track 12.MP3

(CD2)
01 Computer God.mp3
02 Master Of Insanity.mp3
03 Master Of Insanity.mp3
04 Letters From Earth.mp3
05 Bad Blood.mp3
06 The Next Time (Take 1).mp3
07 The Next Time (Take 2).mp3
08 The Next Time (Take 3).mp3
09 The Next Time (Take 4).mp3
10 The Next Time (Take 5).mp3

(CD3)
01 Computer God (Take 1).mp3
02 Computer God (Take 2).mp3
03 Conversation 1 (Powell & Dio).mp3
04 Computer God (Take 3) (With Vocals).mp3
05 Computer God (Take 4).mp3
06 Computer God (Take 5).mp3
07 Computer God (Take 6).mp3
08 Unknown Instrumental 1.mp3
09 Unknown Instrumental 2.mp3
10 Unknown Instrumental 3.mp3
11 Unknown Instrumental 4.mp3
12 Conversation 2 (Powell & Dio).mp3
13 Unknown (With Vocals).mp3
Around 1:29:00 there's another singer, according to a YouTube user it's Carl Sentence. Also check out that guitar solo. That's absolutely not Tony Iommi! Maybe Sabbath bought (/used) this song from another band and that's why it ended up on these tapes.
I've heard it before on Youtube and its the Geezer Butler Band. I really hope they release the Dehumanizer demos because it would be a fitting tribute to both Ronnie and Cozy. Geezer should also release his recordings with Carl Sentence. I also read that Geezer did some writing with Dave Donato outside of Sabbath after he left. Dave Donato recorded some demos with Sabbath in 1984. He wasn't fired as many of us thought, Geezer and Tony were not working well together at that time and Geezer was tired of all the line up changes. There used to be a clip of Dave Donato and the band doing an early version of The Shining on a website but it was taken down. It was called No Way Out at the time.

What???? :(

Geoff Nicholls co-defined the Tony Martin Sabbath era. Nichols contributed a lot to the mellow, atmospheric/haunting side of Sabbath that I appreciate so much. E.g. on albums like ...

Seventh Star 1986
The Eternal Idol 1987
Headless Cross 1989
Tyr 1990
Cross Purposes 1994

... his presence was very audible. Some of these belong to my all time favourite albums.

Also on other albums he made valuable contributions, e.g. on Heaven and Hell, Mob Rules (his work on E5150 and Falling Off the Edge of the World is very memorable), Born Again (Stonehenge(!)) and Forbidden.

RIP.

edit:
As someone said on Blabbermouth (yes, I'm quoting someone who commented on Blabbermouth(!), but this too good to leave unmentioned):

His work brought that ethereal and mystical sound to the Sabbath albums that gave them that extra level of punch.

= = = = = = =

I'm so saddened to hear the loss of one of my dearest and closest friends Geoff Nicholls. He's been suffering for a while now with lung cancer and he lost his battle this morning. Geoff and I have always been very close and he has been a real true friend to me and supported me all the way for nearly 40 years. I will miss him dearly and he will live in my heart until we meet again.

Rest In Peace my dear friend.
Tony

Last edited:
Back