Black Sabbath Survivor 2013: Results Thread - Heaven and Hell wins again!

Satisfied with the results?

• Total voters

Mosh

PM me your Nightwish album rankings!
Staff member
Rules for Survivors:
If you're new, these games are like the TV show Survivor: vote to eliminate the worst, allowing the best to survive. Always vote for your LEAST favorite songs. On this new forum you have unlimited votes; At the end of a round I'll eliminate the "winners"

Been a long time since we did a Sabbath survivor, plenty of new members since then, and of course, a brand new album! Figured since we were doing a survivor to go with the new Dream Theater album, it'd make sense to have one for Sabbath too. This is gonna be a long one, so lets get going!

Behind the Wall of Sleep, Sleeping Village, The Warning, Rat Salad.

Seems to be a few typos in the song names. :p

Literally do not hate one single track on Paranoid.
I'm awful at picking favorites, but it has to be one of my favorite albums of all time.
Also, why does everyone hate Rat Salad? :'(

Not a fan of Rat Salad or Planet Caravan, title track is overrated. But the other 5 songs are great. It's definitely an awesome album.

Paranoid is indeed a killer album. A very early benchmark in metal.

Behind the Wall of Sleep
Evil Woman
Sleeping Village
Warning
Wicked World
Planet Caravan
Rat Salad

Eliminated:
Evil Woman
Warning
Wicked World
Rat Salad

Eliminated:
Behind the Wall of Sleep
Sleeping Village

Master of Reality and Vol 4 join the battle!

Planet Caravan, Embryo, Orchid, Wheels/Straightener, FX, Laguna Sunrise.

Nothing against Iommi's instrumentals, but they do not compare to the best of Sabbath.

Lord of this World has one of the most awesome bass riffs Geezer ever came up with. Strange to realize that this song plus Changes and Under the Sun(?!) are already in the danger zone, next round. People who care for such songs from the 3rd and 4th album, among other songs from these brilliant records, let's be careful and see how we can protect some of these diamonds.

It feels a bit like an offense to see these two albums thrown in at the same time. Still quite some songs left from the first two albums.

Eliminated:
Planet Caravan
Embryo
FX
Under the Sun

Eliminated:
Paranoid ( :wtf: )
St Vitus Dance

Haven't been voting because I wanted to get a chance to revisit these albums, unfortunately I've barely had any time to do so. Hopefully I'll be able to vote in this round.

Last edited:
Back